Old October 12th 11, 03:20 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Michael Coslo Michael Coslo is offline

Default antenna question

On 10/11/2011 5:59 PM, Owen Duffy wrote:

You gave lots of info on the system, well done, but ommitted the preferred
feed line length.

It may well be that your preferred feedline length should dictate the
dipole length.

Lessee, I have standoffs holding the present window line, and can back
of the envelope this. five feet to the roofline, then 25 feet to
transition to where it heads verticaly. Then allowing for some droop,
I'd say another 40 feet given the 20 foot roof height.

So we're looking at around 90 feet total, not counting the foot or so in
the house.

- 73 de Mike N3LI -