Old March 7th 12, 02:56 PM
samersaed samersaed is offline
Junior Member

Default Radio Station Project Inquiry

Hi Engineers,

I'm Starting a new FM Station Project in BENGHAZI - LIBYA which is 60km2 in area, i was advised to use a transmitting system of a 600w Transmitter attached to 4 double dipole antenna (http://www.labelitaly.com/website/akk2.html) as my tower specs are : tower angle 4 leg (leg size = 10 x 10), parameter at 96 m height = 2.5m x 2.5m. attached a picture of my tower.

i want to get an omni-directional coverage as my tower is located in the center of the city and I've been told that unless a panel antenna the tower will make a shadow or something like that to the broadcast signal.

i want to know if i'm really forced to use a panel antenna in my system, why i can't use a high power regular dipole antenna.

and please advice if the transmitter power i'm using will be enough to cover the 60km2 area.

hope to find help here.

Thanks in advance.