Old November 26th 06, 08:45 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Requirements to talk?

Ive seen an arguemnet here which I find inlightning. In regards to
using a two way radio, in English terms, A"Wireless", I ask what is
the description of one of these devices in the first place?

From all that I can obtain, it is a device in which one can
communicate with another via electronic or magnetical means with
another party, completely devoid of any connecting wires between the
two and over great distances.

I guess that's pretty simple and to the point. The very basic and
simplistic view of things. As long as one can communicate with
another by using some sort of signal derived from electrical means,
and by not being physicaly connected together, then that is what this
is all about, correct?

Well now, I have seen an issue which we all know about, but some how
haven't acknolaged or reconized. Its just sitting there in front of
us as bold and noisy as it can get! Even with our radio stations, the
band width for most of us, is blocked off from access. Its the bloody
Cell Phone!

By all descriptions, it is still a Radio! A Wireless device! And
it is pretty complicated by all means as well. It is a digital
multiplexer over many channels which can leap and lock onto several
receive/transmit stations at once, jump between frequencies
automatically, and digitally multiplex with who knows how many other
people talking all at the same time, and for the most part, do a damn
good job of it all around! Not only that, but there are satellite
versions of the same thing too!!

Now the real fun comes in here. One does not need any sort of
license to operate this device. There are external antennas available
for them, some with awesome gain up in the 18 - 25 DBI's, and there
are amplifiers, again with some real serious power output. . . All
without any sort of license of competency and no regard to who they
are radiating or where. All of this is totally "Above Board" and
Perfectly legal in every sense of the word.

Now here we are. Working frequencies below and above this notch in
the bandwidth. We have all sorts of laws and rules watching our every
move. We have classes and social niches denoting who is worthy and
who isn't. We have extreme prejudice against those who use certain
bands and others who haven't the knowledge of what is call CW in our
world. And that's not all. Not only do we police our selves to the
point of extension, but we insist that the government jump on the
bandwagon and exhibit the same prejudice toward the same social
classes which we have dredged up for ourselves, and for no more reason
than because somebody's wanting to exert power, control over somebody
else.

Am I missing something here?

Cell phones can reach every place on this globe, and without all the
fuss and problems, and equipment involved with the aspect of HAM Radio
systems. There is no licensing. There is no social grouping (Other
than who owns what brand or color of phone.), and it operates right
smack-dab in the center of the upper bands! Without any License or
Competency Requirements!

What makes them so immune and us so vulnerable?! I know we did this
to our selves, but isn't it time to knock off this childish Hoo-Ha and
get down to the real brass tacks? For us to knock off the silly and
time wasting of pointing fingers and strutting around like a stupid
ol' Bandy Rooster in a muddy barn yard?

I always thought that being involved with HAM Radio was more than a
social "Click", and that it was the passion for the extreme "Art" of
Radio. Propagating the science. Furthering the technology. Not
bantering around about who can or can't tap out a word with coded
beeps, or who uses what frequencies.

People, I believe we have lost our way. We have lost sight of what
this is all about. This should be a Brotherhood and not a Brothel
stewing pit of spite and pride of empty or shallow socialites. None
the less, where ever I go, I find the latter in a greater number than
the former. And here I thought we were all here to help out each
other. . . Not abuse each other.

So, tell me. Where did I go wrong? If Cell Phones can have no
regulations on usage, and its free reign on pieces and parts, and
usage, . . How come we are so incredibly regulated? Not only that,
but why are we tearing our selves up in the process of simply trying
to get along?

What's wrong with this picture?
Old November 26th 06, 09:43 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 12:45:00 -0800, Fred Furlly wrote:

What's wrong with this picture?

I am licensed to travel by car, but this restricts me compared to
virtually unregulated walkers who can climb stairs, hike along sylvan
paths, and tread across foot bridges. After all, the golden horizon
of the automotive age is about furthering the piston technology of
propulsion, gas exploration beneath ice caps, and parking lot
revenues. Why can't we drive into elevators, or park in bath rooms?
Bureaucratic priorities seem to be distorted by lame prejudices for
doors and hallways designed during the era before the chariot.

Just compare the number of rules and regulations for roads and
sidewalks. Controlling an auto is an advanced skill proving our merit
among mankind. Walking is just steps away from the Neanderthalic Tar
Pits. Driving should be made universal and without restriction as the
birth right of an enlightened and progressive society.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC
Old November 26th 06, 09:47 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

He/She That Has The Gold -- Makes The Rules

Old November 27th 06, 01:16 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 13:43:52 -0800, Richard Clark
wrote:

[...]

Oh, My gosh, . . Dick!

Don't you consider the SIZE of an auto to be a limiting issue here?
Just because there is a square inch of space, you Actually try and use
that as an example that it should be allocated to parking a CAR?! You,
sir, are trying your very best to compare apples with bulldozers! Duh!
Can't you at least Try and keep the topic in the same ball park?

I guess I see why some people just can't get a grip on reality.
Sorry for even bringing the topic to light. No matter how much
schooling some people get, they still remain total idiots. . .
Absolutely NO common sense AT ALL!

How about this then. . .

If it takes a man and a half a day and a half to build a boat and a
half, how long would it take a monkey with a peg-leg to kick all the
seeds out of a watermelon?
. . . A hot air balloon, because it hasn't a rot tiller attached!

There you go, Dick. That makes just about as much sense as the Crap
you spouted off with.

Geez! Moronic-Idiots abound!
("Moron". . . Look it up in the dictionary.)
Old November 27th 06, 01:18 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 13:47:04 -0800, "Caveat Lector"
wrote:

He/She That Has The Gold -- Makes The Rules

On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 12:45:00 -0800, Fred Furlly wrote:

What's wrong with this picture?

. . . Damn! I keep forgeting that! You are absolutely correct.

Old November 27th 06, 04:11 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 17:16:48 -0800, Fred Furlly wrote:

("Moron". . . Look it up in the dictionary.)

It's spelled maroon.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC
Old November 27th 06, 08:14 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

So, tell me. Where did I go wrong? If Cell Phones can have no
regulations on usage, and its free reign on pieces and parts, and
usage, . . How come we are so incredibly regulated? Not only that,
but why are we tearing our selves up in the process of simply trying
to get along?

What's wrong with this picture?

Well virtually everything!!

A licence is required, and is held by the network operator. Users are
covered by this licence. The equipment used must be type approved and some
of the add-ons that you talk about are not actually legal.

So cell phones are not the free for all that you describe, it is a licensed
service and tightly regulated.

Regards
Jeff

Old November 28th 06, 06:02 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Fred Furlly wrote in message
What's wrong with this picture?

Fred:

You are a thinker. Indeed, you are much, much more than a thinker; your
mind seems to be able to walk through the thickest of walls (but the thick
minds here will daunt you!) and leap tall buildings with a single bound!

You will find such thinking and revelations are NOT liked here. This is a
boy scouts club, a suicide-type-cult-thinking-group, or a virtual masonic
temple, really! (darn thing is like a twisting den of snakes really!); a
more-or-less-shrine to past heros who have defended the moronic (hmm, does
that have a dual meaning?) social club which you make such astute
observations of and relevant comments about... And then, there is the ARRL,
a "southern baptist" and radio-fundamentalist-groupie-lodge type of outfit
with devote and zealous members--they are better left to themselves. Well,
some do think of them as children playing cops and robbers... but then,
that is a whole 'nother story involving evil chicken banders, hams who are
waiting to save the world with cw, hams who have built the same antenna
design umteen times for umteen years and things related to such things which
even bear a likeness to other strange going-ons.

No Fred, you will NOT be well liked here. And, you will find you are viewed
as "DAMN RUDE!" for noticing. wide grin

Warmest regards,
John Smith

Old November 28th 06, 07:40 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 22:02:14 -0800, "John Smith"
wrote:

Fred Furlly wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Oh. . . Oh Yea?! Well then "PTHTTttttttttttttttt"! =)

What the heck! Like I was told earler, it's the "Golden Rule". I
just forgot about that, and tried to make sense of HAM. Sigh. . .
Stupid me. BUT, I see there still are some sensable people out
there, John. . .

73's
Fred
Old November 28th 06, 07:42 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 20:11:30 -0800, Richard Clark
wrote:

On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 17:16:48 -0800, Fred Furlly wrote:

("Moron". . . Look it up in the dictionary.)

It's spelled maroon.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC

I've heard that from the Bugs Bunny Show!! (snicker)

tards been busy marc Policy 3 July 15th 06 05:38 AM
Question : Why is 'Talk Radio' So Conservative? - Answer Why Not ! RHF Shortwave 1 November 15th 05 04:20 PM
Progressive talk radio grows [email protected] Broadcasting 2 February 21st 05 07:38 PM
GRAYLAND 2004 FALL DXPEDITION: Compiled Logs for Oct 15-17 (Part 1) 4nradio Shortwave 4 November 1st 04 10:44 PM