Old July 6th 10, 02:48 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default AIM4170 antenna analyzer presentations at the RSGB 2010 Convention

If you are in the UK in October, you may be interested in coming along
to the RSGB 2010 Convention:
http://www.rsgb.org/rsgbconvention/index.php

The full program for the convention is he
http://www.rsgb.org/rsgbconvention/events_programme.php

On the Sunday morning (10 October) I will be giving a couple of
presentations on the AIM4170. The first will cover the basics of antenna
measurement and the 4170, and the second will illustrate the use of the
4170 as a design tool.

Live demonstrations of the 4170 will be the main feature of the
presentations, and will include tuning a 4m groundplane, trap tuning,
designing a 160/80m trap dipole, measuring quartz crystal parameters,
using the Smith chart, quarter-wave stub tuning and measuring the
impedance at the antenna feedpoint. The final demonstration will show
how to control the analyzer remotely via a WiFi link, allowing you to
tune your antenna while standing in the yard (or on the roof or at the
top of the tower).

The presentations will be based on the material at :
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/wadei/aim4170.htm

The venue for the Convention is Horwood House in the county of
Buckinghamshi
http://www.rsgb.org/news/article.php?id=0027

Horwood House is located about 50 miles (80km) north-west of London,
close to the city of Milton Keynes.

A further local attraction, just 5 miles (8km) from Horwood House, is
Bletchley Park, home of the World War II Codes and Ciphers School where
the Enigma and other encryption systems were broken:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bletchley_Park

If you plan to come along to my presentations at the Convention, please
let me know and I will reserve a front seat for you!

--
73
Ian, G3NRW