Old May 3rd 05, 08:42 PM
John Smith

Default Reg: Here is the SWR bridge I attempted to describe...

This is a SWR bridge I built using leds and a homemade "directional
coupler."

ALL critiques on it, and ideas for improvements are welcomed!!!

Please excuse my rough drawing, I am NOT a draftsperson!

Hopefully, the attachment of the .jpg was successful....

Warmest regards,
John

Old May 3rd 05, 09:28 PM
John Smith

.... and, if I read the datasheet of the mpf-102 fet correctly...
I think it could replace the 100k and 1k by connecting the drain to the leds
anodes and source to ground, taking the mpf-102's drain to ground with a 1k
resistor--should function to limit current through leds to 10Ma....

Regards,
John

Old May 3rd 05, 11:09 PM
Cecil Moore

John Smith wrote:
Hopefully, the attachment of the .jpg was successful....

The usenet gods will not allow .jpg files since this is
specified as a text only newsgroup.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Old May 4th 05, 12:00 AM
John Smith

Oh great!!!

Can I just rename it?

What is a workaround? Or, do I have to get a free host and setup a webpage?

Regards,
John

News==----
| http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+
Newsgroups
=----

Old May 4th 05, 12:18 AM
Reg Edwards

I've a horrible feeling this (not your SWR bridge) is not going to
work.

Where is your .jpg ? I can't find it.

Does Cecil's comment mean that it is impossible to attach it to a
newsgroup message. Or does it mean only that the powers that be won't
like it.

There's another problem. If you attach anything to an e-mail there's a
fault in my computer and I shall be unable to open it. When it comes
to operating a computer I am just a novice.

By the way, have you actually got your bridge to work in some fashion
or other?

If it's still only on paper the likelihood of me being able to make
any sensible comments is pretty poor. But I'll try.

There is a program on my website named SWRMETER which you may care to
amuse yourself with.
----
Reg.

Old May 4th 05, 12:44 AM
Cecil Moore

John Smith wrote:
Oh great!!!
Can I just rename it?
What is a workaround? Or, do I have to get a free host and setup a webpage?

Web pages for hams are available on qsl.net. Or send it to me and
I will post it for you on http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp/filename.jpg
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Old May 4th 05, 01:18 AM
John Smith

OK, one... more.... time!!! there is no time yanno!
Please someone, see if you can view the page he
http://blake.prohosting.com/mailguy2/JS-swr.jpg

Warmest regards,
John

Old May 4th 05, 01:20 AM
John Smith

Reg:

Yanno, you remind me of my mother, she had about the same amount of faith in
me!!! grin
Here ya go Reggers!!!!

Old May 4th 05, 01:21 AM
John Smith

Think I managed it Cecil... but thank you very much for offering to help--it
IS appreciated deeply here...
Try this link:

Old May 4th 05, 04:13 AM
Cecil Moore

John Smith wrote:
OK, one... more.... time!!! there is no time yanno!
Please someone, see if you can view the page he
http://blake.prohosting.com/mailguy2/JS-swr.jpg

You have a number of problems. Where did you get that design?
In order to separate the forward power from the reflected
power, you need to use phasor addition/subtraction of voltage
and current. You only have current sampled. Where is your
voltage sample? Where is your phasor addition/subtraction?
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp