Old January 30th 06, 02:35 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Reg Edwards

Default New 4nec2 version

As a foreigner, what's all this business about needing a license to
use antenna design software, Could somebody explain? What are the
license resrictions?
----
Reg, G4FGQ

"Arie" wrote in message
ups.com...
Yes, it does support Nec4, but as you already mentioned, you need a
license to use it.

Old January 30th 06, 03:02 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Dan Richardson

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 14:35:22 +0000 (UTC), "Reg Edwards"
wrote:

As a foreigner, what's all this business about needing a license to
use antenna design software, Could somebody explain? What are the
license resrictions?
----
Reg, G4FGQ

http://www.llnl.gov/IPandC/technolog...titles/nec.php

email: k6mheatarrldotnet
http://www.k6mhe.com/
Old January 30th 06, 03:05 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Frank

Reg,

NEC2 is public domain, so there are no restrictions. NEC4 was developed by
Gerald Burke at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, and requires an
end user license. The cost is $500.00. See
http://www.llnl.gov/IPandC/technolog...titles/nec.php for
info.

Frank

Old February 11th 06, 08:42 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
J. Mc Laughlin

Dear Frank:
I run licensed NEC4 with an appropriate version of EZNEC on a PC. The
OS is W2000.
73 Mac N8TT

--
J. Mc Laughlin; Michigan U.S.A.
Home:
"Frank" wrote in message
snip

You mention "Nec 4 cards". Do you actually support NEC 4? I plan to

obtain
a license for NEC 4 in the near future, and your interface looks
interesting; The cost of GNEC from Nittany Scientific is a bit high, but
thought it is probably the only way to run NEC 4 on a PC.

Frank

Old February 11th 06, 10:39 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Frank

Thanks for the info Mac. I see EZNEC/4 is $600.00, compared to $795.00 for
GNEC. I have no trouble with the FORTRAN compiled program on my PC,
although the graphics leave a little to be desired. Not sure what I will
do to improve it yet. Not that interested in GUI inputs, as I find it far
easier to edit NEC code directly.

73,

Frank
VE6CB

"Frank" wrote in message
snip

You mention "Nec 4 cards". Do you actually support NEC 4? I plan to

obtain
a license for NEC 4 in the near future, and your interface looks
interesting; The cost of GNEC from Nittany Scientific is a bit high, but
thought it is probably the only way to run NEC 4 on a PC.

Frank

New version 4nec2 freeware antenna optimizer [email protected] Antenna 6 December 9th 04 03:24 PM
Announcement: WRLog version 1.20 released Paraclete InfoSys Shortwave 0 March 29th 04 08:14 PM
Bookmark for Santa KØHB Policy 53 January 22nd 04 05:46 AM
Fw: [radioexplorer] Version 1.3 Release Dmitry Nefedov Shortwave 0 October 22nd 03 10:06 AM
CCIR Coefficients METHOD 6 REC533 // AUCKLAND --> SEATTLE http://CBC.am/ Shortwave 0 July 16th 03 08:21 AM