Old March 27th 06, 07:54 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Mark

Default Signal Strength Meter for Mobile Phones

I currently offer a service for Mobile Phone users in rural/remote
areas, where I fit a Yagi antenna for people with poor reception
problems. At the moment I use a Mobile Phone's signal strength reading
(along with a map and compass) to locate the strongest signal from the
nearest base station (the region where I work, there is only one
service provider). Because these readings are a bit slow to respond, I
would like to build/buy a simple signal strength meter to be a bit
more accurate, when setting up these antenna's. I either need
something with a meter or even simpler (and maybe better) headphones
listening to the familiar signals sent out by these things, to find
the strongest signal. Because I work in very remote areas normally, I
am guessing that the base station signals, should not be that hard to
distinguish from the normal mish mash of mobile phone signals. Would
anybody be kind enough to supply me with a diagram or a web site etc,
to help me on my way? PS 950Mhz.
Old March 28th 06, 12:57 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Dan Andersson

Mark wrote:

[...]

Some mobile phones ( Ericsson ) can be keyed to present the "real" signal
strength, not only the blobs on your LCD but a Signal Strength number.

Perform a Google search and see what you can find.

Cheers

Dan / M0DFI