Old November 17th 03, 10:54 PM
Thierry

Default callsign on 24k-gold electroplated badge

Hi,

Do you remember the marvellous electrogolden plate badges ?
For memory http://www.astrosurf.com/lombry/Radio/badge.jpg and
http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/2668

Many many amateurs asked me where to find now such badges... sorry but
nowhere ! But...
I am currently in the way to conclude new "contracts" with US company very
interested in this business. At least three of them would like to
commercialize such badges (custom die, 24k gold, electroplate, engraved in
blue navy, 5 lines for text, pin/flap on back, etc), but this is still under
discussion.

First of all, I would like to know if YOU should be interested in buying
such a product, price about $70, delivery time about 8-10 weeks.
I do not need your name or any order but simply an idea of the number of
people or club station that such a product could interest at short delay.

To avoid spam, send you feedback using my website form :
http://www.astrosurf.com/lombry/post.htm

Thanks in advance

Thierry
ON4SKY

Old November 18th 03, 08:40 AM
jim.gm4dhj

Nothing wrong with good old EPNS.......

---

Old November 18th 03, 08:40 AM
jim.gm4dhj

Old November 19th 03, 12:24 AM
Thierry

"Thierry" Thierry, see http://www.astrosurf.com/lombry/ wrote in message
Hi,

Do you remember the marvellous electrogolden plate badges ?
For memory http://www.astrosurf.com/lombry/Radio/badge.jpg and
http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/2668

Part II. - Good news !

Until 2003 no more company provided metal badges, either silver or golden to
amateur radio. So I asked to several craftsmens if they were interested in
engraving ham callsigns on a 24k-gold electroplated badge, including a logo,
text in blue navy with a pin or a flap on the back, like the samples
displayed in the URLs listed above.

Today I am happy to inform you that at least two new companies have accepted
the deal for about $70. The others accepted also but they need a sample
(custom die) to make a master.

I suggest you to make a deal with the two next companies :

Public Safety Logos that, instead of showing an amateur station inserts the
seal of your state or another logo (color elaminated) at center of the badge
(like police badge if you want). There are three options : a deposit of 22k+
fine gold electroplate on base material for a rich bright appearance;
Hi-Glo, a base material which has a golden color throughout and requires no
surface plating, highly polished to a brilliant luster, a clear coating is
then applied to enhance its durability; and at last VHB Karatklad, that is
an heavy gold electroplate, the ultimate in fine gold plate. This process
applies a uniformly thick coating of tarnish proof karat gold, purer and
more durable than gold plate.

United Emblem that can reproduce the badge as it is displayed in the
previous links.

Hope this will satisfy many readers, individuals or clubs.

PS. Today, after have published only one message, already a dozen amateurs
from K, G, F answered positively to this news.

Your feedback will be welcome.

Thierry

ON4SKY

http://www.astrosurf.com/lombry

Old November 27th 03, 10:11 PM
Thierry

Hi,

I have found another manufacturer that accepts order for $65 only.
Due to a gentleman aggreement, please reserve your badge via my website
temporary.

Check on : http://www.astrosurf.com/lombry/qsl-badge.htm

Thierry
ON4SKY