Old November 19th 03, 01:56 PM
Joe McElvenney

Default ICOM-740

Hi,

I was thinking of bidding on one of these rigs. Looking at the
QST review of some years ago, I notice that the WARC bands were
receive-only. Can anybody tell me if this is changeable by means
of a link or diode change?

Any other comments on this rig would be appreciated.

73 de Joe, G3LLV

Old November 21st 03, 04:21 PM
Rick May

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003 13:56:24 +0000 (UTC), Joe McElvenney
wrote:

Hi,

I was thinking of bidding on one of these rigs. Looking at the
QST review of some years ago, I notice that the WARC bands were
receive-only. Can anybody tell me if this is changeable by means
of a link or diode change?

Any other comments on this rig would be appreciated.

73 de Joe, G3LLV

There is a wire you have to snip on the left side of the radio.
Brown in color if I remember right...

73' Rick KC0HH

Old December 1st 03, 03:56 AM
Dan Ringer

Rick May wrote in message . ..

I was thinking of bidding on one of these rigs. Looking at the
QST review of some years ago, I notice that the WARC bands were
receive-only. Can anybody tell me if this is changeable by means
of a link or diode change?

Any other comments on this rig would be appreciated.

73 de Joe, G3LLV

There is a wire you have to snip on the left side of the radio.
Brown in color if I remember right...

73' Rick KC0HH

At least some 740's were delivered WARC ready (mine was).

The 740 is a terific rig. With the proper filters (FL44 SSB and 250Hz
cw, FL53, I think) they will stand with the best, even today. Before
you ask, I believe the "A" versions of the filters are backward
compatible. They're shorter, but otherwise the same, I think. Someone
may wish to comment on this.

Dan, K8WV

WTB Icom IC-245 NI4K Boatanchors 0 October 29th 03 09:39 PM
Icom T2H ANI Mode Michael Ko Equipment 10 October 23rd 03 07:59 PM
Icom T2H ANI Mode Michael Ko Equipment 0 October 9th 03 09:13 PM
ICOM IC-228A 2-METER XCVR Robert G. Carter Equipment 0 July 20th 03 04:13 PM
ICOM IC-228A 2-METER XCVR Robert G. Carter Equipment 0 July 20th 03 04:13 PM