Old December 23rd 07, 01:44 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default rec.radio.shortwave

I have long been wondering..

This is a short wave radio use group. Why are so many of the posts totally
unrelated to shortwave radio listening? Is there no moderator?

David

Old December 23rd 07, 02:20 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Mills wrote:
I have long been wondering..

This is a short wave radio use group. Why are so many of the posts totally
unrelated to shortwave radio listening? Is there no moderator?

David

Obviously not. You just got to ask a question that has nothing to do
with radio.

Old December 23rd 07, 02:30 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"David" wrote in message
David Mills wrote:
I have long been wondering..

This is a short wave radio use group. Why are so many of the posts
totally unrelated to shortwave radio listening? Is there no moderator?

David

Obviously not. You just got to ask a question that has nothing to do with
radio.

This is a group of "Like Minded" people who talk about radio and anything
that comes to mind. A lot of us have been here for many years.

I can't believe the very good advice someone who ask a real question of this
group gets, there are some real "radio" brains in this group BUT we do pull
legs and anything we can when there is nothing to say about radio.

Hang around and get to know the group or shag ass, what very blows your
dress up.

Merry Christmas

Burr

Old December 23rd 07, 02:52 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
"David Mills" wrote:

I have long been wondering..

This is a short wave radio use group. Why are so many of the posts totally
unrelated to shortwave radio listening? Is there no moderator?

You are a pretty sharp fellow.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old December 23rd 07, 03:06 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Dec 22, 8:44�pm, "David Mills" wrote:
I have long been wondering..

This is a short wave radio � use group. Why are so many of the posts totally
unrelated to shortwave radio listening? Is there no moderator?

David

rec.radio.shortwave and radio-info.com are dumping-grounds for David
Eduardo's hate towards AM radio, because he knows that music-oriented
FMs are screwed and that AM is radio's last bastion.

Old December 23rd 07, 06:02 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Dec 22, 5:44 pm, "David Mills" wrote:
-
- I have long been wondering..
-
- This is a short wave radio use group.
- Why are so many of the posts totally
- unrelated to shortwave radio listening?
- Is there no moderator?
-
- David

We had the Moderate for Lunch back in 1980 when
the first "Friday the 13th" Movie came out.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friday_the_13th_%28film%29

DaviD has had the Rickets ever since then.

I B OC'D was Half-Crocked way before then.

tickle me elmo . . . what was the question ~ RHF
Old December 23rd 07, 06:04 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Dec 22, 7:06Â*pm, IBOCcrock wrote:
On Dec 22, 8:44�pm, "David Mills" wrote:

I have long been wondering..

This is a short wave radio � use group. Why are so many of the posts totally
unrelated to shortwave radio listening? Is there no moderator?

David

rec.radio.shortwave and radio-info.com are dumping-grounds for David
Eduardo's hate towards AM radio, because he knows that music-oriented
FMs are screwed and that AM is radio's last bastion.

On Dec 22, 5:44 pm, "David Mills" wrote:
-
- I have long been wondering..
-
- This is a short wave radio use group.
- Why are so many of the posts totally
- unrelated to shortwave radio listening?
- Is there no moderator?
-
- David

I B OC'D is Half-Crocked from listening to new media.
Old December 23rd 07, 01:52 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Burr wrote:
"David" wrote in message
David Mills wrote:
I have long been wondering..

This is a short wave radio use group. Why are so many of the posts
totally unrelated to shortwave radio listening? Is there no moderator?

David

Obviously not. You just got to ask a question that has nothing to do with
radio.

This is a group of "Like Minded" people who talk about radio and anything
that comes to mind. A lot of us have been here for many years.

I can't believe the very good advice someone who ask a real question of this
group gets, there are some real "radio" brains in this group BUT we do pull
legs and anything we can when there is nothing to say about radio.

Hang around and get to know the group or shag ass, what very blows your
dress up.

Merry Christmas

Burr

There are a few subsets of shortwave listener. There is the pure
tinkerer (aka nerd). There is the uberparanoid domestic shortwave
listener. And there is the ultracosmopolitan who listens because he
likes to hear about different cultures and ideas. Mix'em together and
what do you get?
Old December 23rd 07, 02:03 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David wrote:
Burr wrote:
"David" wrote in message
David Mills wrote:
[...]

Any coffee shop in Chicago.

Old December 26th 07, 03:25 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Dec 23, 8:03*am, D Peter Maus wrote:
David wrote:
Burr wrote:
"David" wrote in message
David Mills wrote:
[...]

* *Any coffee shop in Chicago.- Hide quoted text -

Or street corner in Addison.