Old March 1st 04, 01:15 AM
WM2F

Default 160 Slopper on Tower

Hi All
I put up a slopper at 65 feet on my tower. Its feed at the top and
the wire is 130 feet long off the tower and about 10 feet off the
ground at the end(TA 33 tribander on top). The coax is grounded at the
top to the tower.
Im running an IC 756 pro II with a tuner inside. The tuner is to
narrow so Im using a MFJ versa II.
Now my problem.
I can tune the antenna with the MFJ tuner but I have no radials
installed. It seems that every thing I do on the ground side de-tunes
the wire off the tower. I ran some radials at 130 feet at the base of
the tower and the tuning goes out of range. It seems that everything I
do changes the tuning. Even station grounds change the situation.
Any help or conversation is welcome.
TNX,
Mike
Old March 1st 04, 04:15 AM
Crazy George

The first thing I would try is to add or subtract a quarter wave of coax
(~85') to the feedline. And don't be so sloppy with your spelling. It is a
sloper.

--
Crazy George
Remove N O and S P A M imbedded in return address

snip

Old March 1st 04, 05:01 AM
William F. Hagen

or, sloaper. or, slowper. or, sloupa (brittish). or, sloep'r (NASCAR). or, try
some inductive or capacitive matching at the feedpoint.