Old March 1st 04, 09:42 PM
Dave

Default max power transfer theorem

have you guys read this one yet?

www.qsl.net/w9dmk/MPTT.pdf

Old March 1st 04, 10:21 PM
Cecil Moore

Dave wrote:
have you guys read this one yet?

www.qsl.net/w9dmk/MPTT.pdf

Yes, as a matter of fact, I have. It tends to support my argument
with Jeff Anderson, wa6ahl, on this newsgroup from about a decade
ago, but is much more thorough and eloquent than I ever could be.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Old March 1st 04, 10:46 PM
Richard Harrison

Dave wrote:
"Have you guys read this one yet?"

I can`t read pdf.

I learned about maximum power transfer in the 1940`s and it hasn`t
changed.

Terman says in his 1955 edition on page 76:

"Alternatively, a load impedance may be matched to a source of power in
such a way as to make the power delivered to the load a maximum. The
power delivered to the load under these conditions is termed "available
power" of a power source.

This is accomplished by making the load impedance the conjugate of the
generator impedance as defined by Thevenin`s theorem."

Anything else I need to know is likely also clearly explained by Terman.

Best regards, Richard Harrison, KB5WZI

Old March 1st 04, 11:23 PM
Gene Fuller

What a load of crap!

The only difficulty in the MPTT occurs when some folks create new
definitions and new constraints that are not shared by others in the
discussion. Allowing the problem to float at will means that the
solutions will float as well.

The longstanding MPTT argument in amateur radio circles is not really
about power transfer and conjugate matching. The argument is typically
about what happens to the source impedance under varying load conditions.

Steam engines? Gear boxes? Yeah, sure, they help a lot.

73,
Gene
W4SZ

Old March 1st 04, 11:36 PM
Richard Fry

"Richard Harrison" wrote in message

I can`t read pdf....

____

Amazing. Are you incapable of downloading and using the free PDF Reader
from the Acrobat website???

Old March 2nd 04, 12:17 AM
Richard Clark

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004 16:36:46 -0600, "Richard Fry"
wrote:

"Richard Harrison" wrote in message

I can`t read pdf....

____

Amazing. Are you incapable of downloading and using the free PDF Reader
from the Acrobat website???

Richard subscribes to WebTV.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC
Old March 2nd 04, 03:16 AM
Cecil Moore

Richard Harrison wrote:
Dave wrote:
"Have you guys read this one yet?"

I can`t read pdf.

For anyone who wants it, the free pdf reader SW is available at:

73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Old March 2nd 04, 06:41 AM
Robert Lay W9DMK

On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 22:23:56 GMT, Gene Fuller
wrote:

What a load of crap!

The only difficulty in the MPTT occurs when some folks create new
definitions and new constraints that are not shared by others in the
discussion. Allowing the problem to float at will means that the
solutions will float as well.

The longstanding MPTT argument in amateur radio circles is not really
about power transfer and conjugate matching. The argument is typically
about what happens to the source impedance under varying load conditions.

Steam engines? Gear boxes? Yeah, sure, they help a lot.

That's a fair question, Gene - what does happen to the source
impedance under varying load conditions?

While you're at it, could you please explain how you would separate
the issues of maximum power transfer and conjugate matching from the
question of what happens to the source impedance under varying load
conditions?

I have no problem in supplying copies of the article to anyone who
requests a particular format by e-mail - available choices are pdf,
html, or Word for Windows 97 or 2003. The complete file is
approximately 1 MB in any of the formats.

73,
Bob

Complex Z0 [Corrected] pez Antenna 41 September 11th 03 05:00 PM
Derivation of the Reflection Coefficient? Dr. Slick Antenna 104 September 6th 03 02:27 AM
The Cecilian Gambit, a variation on the Galilean Defense revisited Richard Clark Antenna 11 July 24th 03 07:30 PM