Old March 3rd 04, 08:39 PM
Vito

Default Guy Insulators??

Where does one get insulators for tower/mast guy wires?

TIA
K3DWW

Old March 3rd 04, 08:47 PM
denton

Old March 3rd 04, 09:40 PM
Wes Stewart

On Wed, 3 Mar 2004 12:47:02 -0800, "denton"
wrote:

|Electric fence post insulators....available at farm supply houses

Hardly!

Texas Towers.
Old March 3rd 04, 11:17 PM
Mike Luther

MFJ also sells them now.

Vito wrote:

Where does one get insulators for tower/mast guy wires?

TIA
K3DWW

W5WQN

--

-- Sleep well; OS2's still awake!

Mike Luther

Old March 4th 04, 01:29 AM
Irv Finkleman

Mike Luther wrote:

MFJ also sells them now.

Not to knock MFJ too badly, but would you trust your tower guyed
with insulators from MFJ? Caveat Emptor!

Irv VE6BP

--
--------------------------------------
Diagnosed Type II Diabetes March 5 2001

Old March 4th 04, 02:54 AM
Crazy George

The last ones I bought I got from Graybar. I had previously bought some
from Consolidated Electric Supply, but they have been bought out, and I
don't recall the new name.

--
Crazy George
W5VPQ

Old March 4th 04, 08:10 AM
Roger Halstead

On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 01:29:54 GMT, Irv Finkleman
wrote:

Mike Luther wrote:

MFJ also sells them now.

Not to knock MFJ too badly, but would you trust your tower guyed
with insulators from MFJ? Caveat Emptor!

If installed properly nothing happens if one breaks except the two
sections of guy line are now attached to each other. course it's a
pain to have to put in temporary guys while replacing the broken
insulator.

IOW, I don't trust any insulator.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

Irv VE6BP

Old March 4th 04, 04:10 PM
Irv Finkleman

Darn, forgot about the interlocking loops! I've never had
to guy anything -- just read about it!

Irv

Old March 5th 04, 04:44 AM
Tam/WB2TT

He needs the kind that works in comprossion, so the guys won't separate if
the insulator turns to powder.

Tam/WB2TT