Old March 28th 04, 05:25 PM
Robert11

Default Any Suggestions For Relatively Simple & Basic Antenna Modeling Prog's ?

Hello:

Would like to try some simple antenna modeling.
I truly mean relatively simple and basic.

Anyone care to suggest a very basic modeling program for a true beginner at
this ?

Any free ones avail. ?

BTW: I do listening only.

Thanks,
Bob

Old March 28th 04, 05:34 PM
Cecil Moore

Robert11 wrote:
Hello:

Would like to try some simple antenna modeling.
I truly mean relatively simple and basic.

Anyone care to suggest a very basic modeling program for a true beginner at
this ?

Any free ones avail. ?

The free demo version of EZNEC is available for downloading from:

http://www.eznec.com
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Old March 28th 04, 06:29 PM
Ken Fowler

On 28-Mar-2004, "Robert11" wrote:

Hello:

Would like to try some simple antenna modeling.
I truly mean relatively simple and basic.

Anyone care to suggest a very basic modeling program for a true beginner at
this ?

Any free ones avail. ?

Antenna modeling for "listening only" is probably overkill but try the EZNEC Demo at:
http://www.eznec.com.

Ken Fowler, KO6NO
Old March 28th 04, 08:10 PM
Reg Edwards

For modelling and performance of particular types of simple antennas such as
magloops, small receiving loops, loaded verticals, inverted-L's, tuning
units, etc., search amongst the programs available from the following
website.

There's a brief one-line description alongside each program listed.

All explained except radiation patterns which everybody knows anyway.

Download in a few seconds and run immediately. No unzipping inconvenience.

All are free gifts. High quality guaranteed.
--
.................................................. ..........
Regards from Reg, G4FGQ

Old March 30th 04, 07:40 PM
PatW

Bob, I suggest you try my free demo version of Nec2.
The demo is restricted to 20 segments total but will analyze dipoles just fine.

Please visit: www.nec2go.com

Patrick W. W0OPW

Old April 1st 04, 12:22 PM

Antenna modeling for "listening only" is probably overkill but try the EZNEC

For a beginner, without having to bother about segments- and
tag-numbers and counts, you could try 4nec2 freeware program.
In this there is a drag- and draw style sub-program included which you
could use to 'draw' your antenne instead of specifying separate wire,
excitation, loading and/or ground records.

However, see for yourself.

Arie.
Old April 3rd 04, 02:35 AM
alhearn

I like MultiNEC at http://www.qsl.net/ac6la/

It has some good example antennas to get you started.

Al