Old March 31st 04, 05:30 AM
Billy

Default US Tower/Yaesu 800 rotor problems

I am having a problem. I am in the process of installing my US Tower tmm
541ss. I have the yaesu 800sdx rotor. When I hook the rotor cable to the
side of the rotor, it sticks out just enough that the tower will not go all
the way down. If I let the tower down, it will break the end of the plug
off. I tried turning the rotor, but this only moved the problem. Does
anyone know of a solution to this problem. I am sure I am not the only one
who has ran into this. I sent US Tower an email asking their advice, but of
course I haven't heard anything from them. Does anyone know if Yaesu
sells/makes a plug at a 90-degree angle or anything? According to the
paperwork with the tower, they suggest the Yaesu 800 rotor. If you have any
suggestions please email me direct. billyatcmaaccess.com. Of course
replace at with @ to hold down the spam. Thanks in advance for any help.

Best 73...........WR5X

Old March 31st 04, 01:27 PM
Dave Shrader

Contact Yaesu, Vertex Standard, and request the 90 degree body and
backshell. There is a small cost.

Old March 31st 04, 05:30 PM
Billy

Thanks for the advice. I called Yaesu direct, and they don't have any idea
what I am talking about. Sales refered me to tech support. Tech support
checked and called me back to let me know they don't offer a 90 degree
anything. Would you happen to know the part number?