Old July 31st 03, 03:52 AM
DOUGLAS SNOWDEN

Default Irrigation pipe for antennas

It looks to me like most irrigation pipe sellers are out West.
Anyone know where a seller on the East coast is? It would
be nice to find one near me in Richmond VA that has used pipe.

Doug

N4IJ

Old August 1st 03, 05:37 PM
Tarmo Tammaru

Douglas,

I hadn't thought of this, but is that for a mast or boom? I have used Al
conduit for masts, but this sounds better for long pieces. Do you know how
long a piece you can get?

Tam/WB2TT

Old August 2nd 03, 12:48 AM
Tarmo Tammaru

Thanks
Tam

Old August 2nd 03, 03:51 AM
Crazy George

From some dealers it is available in 40 foot lengths, at least the smaller
diameters 6".

Check the Yellow Pages for Farm Irrigation Supplies.

--
Crazy George
Remove NO and SPAM from return address

Old August 3rd 03, 07:47 AM
Jimmy

I remember now that it also came in 30ft lengths but that was too long for
what we were using it.

"Jimmy" wrote in message
.com...
Been a while but I think they are at least 20 ft maybe a little more. They
make great booms especially if they are filled with foam insulation to

keep
them from being crushed. They are fairly thin walled.