Old June 14th 16, 12:26 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.space,uk.radio.amateur,free.uk.amateur-radio,rec.radio.info

Default [AMSAT-UK] MAI-75 ISS SSTV Video

AMSAT-UK

MAI-75 ISS SSTV Video

https://amsat-uk.org/2016/06/13/mai-75-iss-sstv-video/

John Brier KG4AKV

John Brier KG4AKV has released a video showing reception of the MAI-75
experiment Slow Scan TV transmissions from the International Space Station.

This is one of two rare MAI-75 passes over North America. The other is in
Video #3 in this series (see link below). Its rare because the MAI-75 event
only took place for a few hours of Thursday and Friday during the week long
event, and almost all of the passes didnt go over North America, so getting
it was really special. This was a great way to round out the April 2016 ISS
SSTV week long event! I love this SuitSat image!

Oh yeah! This was shot partially with a GoPro! Enjoy the views.

Eventually I hope to make a time lapse of all the ISS SSTV images I
received during this event, but my next video will be of an SO-50 pass
where I made six contacts, five of which were back to back.
Watch Spacesuit MAI-75 Image! Last Pass of April 2016 ISS SSTV Event
Video #4

New videos every Wednesday!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJD...QFHVk2g/videos

https://twitter.com/johnbrier

ISS Slow Scan TV https://amsat-uk.org/beginners/iss-sstv/

GB1SS: schools speaking to Tim Peake

https://amsat-uk.org/2016/06/13/gb1s...-to-tim-peake/

Sandringham students talk to Tim Peake GB1SS using amateur radio BBC TV
screenshot

The ten school contacts with Tim Peake on the ISS during his Principia
mission have inspired thousands of young people and introduced them to
amateur radio in a new and exciting way. A new RSGB video celebrates these
historic events and the range of linked activities the schools have enjoyed.
Students at Derby High School Bury used amateur radio to link up with Tim
Peake

Beginning with the exhilaration of the launch, it follows the competition
for schools to host the ARISS contacts, and showcases the variety of
science, technology, engineering, maths (STEM) and arts activities that
helped pupils to understand more about space and amateur radio.

The contacts themselves, often led by newly-licensed pupils, were the
successful culmination of many months of work and anticipation. We
congratulate everyone involved and hope you enjoy our celebration.
Watch GB1SS: schools speaking to Tim Peake

ARISS UK videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQS...MNu8pCw/videos

Amateur Radio on the International Space Station http://ariss.org/

Twitter https://twitter.com/ARISS_status

ARISS Principia site https://principia.ariss.org/

What is Amateur Radio? http://www.essexham.co.uk/what-is-amateur-radio

Find an amateur radio training course near you
https://thersgb.org/services/coursefinder/

A free booklet is available aimed at introducing newcomers to the hobby
that can also be used as a handy reference while getting started, see

http://rsgb.org/main/get-started-in-...ateur-radio-2/

AMSAT-UK https://amsat-uk.org/

Twitter https://twitter.com/AmsatUK

Facebook https://facebook.com/AmsatUK

YouTube https://youtube.com/AmsatUK
Beccy Bowen 2W0YLL (right) led the contact between Powys school students
and Tim Peake GB1SS