Old July 21st 03, 04:49 PM
David Stinson

Bill Jeffrey wrote:

I believe these are called over-center latches, though I wouldn't swear
to it. Among other things, they were/are used on hard-side suitcases
and trunks. Is there a luggage store within reach of you?

Thanks, Bill. Will try that.
Old July 21st 03, 08:43 PM
David Stinson

Thank you for your help, Bruce.
When closed, the latch is 2 inches long and 1.5 inches wide.

Bruce Mercer wrote:

Dave,
look online for someplace that specializes in old trunk repair supplies.
Also, I've got an old Kodak projector box around her somewhere that has (I
think) the same latches on it. I'll look for it and let you know if I can
find
it and whether it matches.

B.

Old July 21st 03, 09:26 PM
K3HVG

Dave, I just scrapped a BC-221 with the wooden case. I'd swear they are
the same!! I'll check the dimensions as soon as I can, but they look
identical. If you have a '221 laying around, see if they aren't the same.
You can have these if they're what you need.
Jeep/K3HVG

David Stinson wrote:

Been trying to find a specific type of draw catch
for restoration of a WWII WASP Lear ferry service radio.
Looks like this:

Need two of them. Seems all the modern stock of draw catches
comes from the same manufacture, come in two sizes and aren't
even close to this one. I've looked all over the web and every
hardware store I can find in north Dallas.
I've even haunted antique stores, looking for old boxes
or anything that might have one of these catches.
Anyone have an idea where I can find older cabinet furniture like this?
Thanks,
Dave S.