Old August 9th 03, 06:32 PM
Henry Kolesnik

Default HP 141T, 8552B, 8553B ?

I just got this setup and the it seems to work OK except the that the
DISPLAY UNCAL lamp on the 8553B doesn't light when it should. Is this a
common failure that is an easy fix, any tips appreicated.
tnx
hank wd5jfr

Old August 10th 03, 05:53 PM
Leigh W3NLB

On Sat, 9 Aug 2003 16:56:47 -0500, "Henry Kolesnik"
wrote:

The bulb shows no continuity and my sorrily xeroxed manual is missing page
6-13 where I assume DS1 is listed. Can someone please tell me the lamp
specs and whether it screws in, plugs or solder.
tnx
hank wd5jfr
"Henry Kolesnik" wrote in message
I just got this setup and the it seems to work OK except the that the
DISPLAY UNCAL lamp on the 8553B doesn't light when it should. Is this a
common failure that is an easy fix, any tips appreicated.
tnx
hank wd5jfr

This is HP part number 2140-0259, listed as 12V 60ma. Manufacturer
part number is CM8-1099 which is made by Chicago Miniature Lamp.

This is probably the wire-lead plug-in grain-of-wheat lamp that they
used all over the place on equipment of this vintage.

73 de Leigh W3NLB

Old August 10th 03, 10:19 PM
Richard H. Brown Jr.

Just be glad it isn't a G.O.W. in a Philco-Ford Sierra 135b, 128A Frequency
Selective voltmeter.

They used 2 as lock indicator lamps on the tuning dials. 1 for mhz band. If
either one burnt out the Calibration fails. and accurate (government spec's
accuracy) signal voltage or dbm measurements. And then you had to submit the
thing to calibration for repair and re-cal.

Much easier to have a few G-o-W bulbs on hand and pop the cap off and replace
it.

RHB

Old August 11th 03, 12:25 AM
John D. Farr

Chicago Miniature still has them in their catalog. I can't find anybody that
sells them though. If you find a source, please let me know,.
John

Old August 11th 03, 12:40 PM
Brian

Chicago Miniature still has them in their catalog. I can't find anybody that
sells them though. If you find a source, please let me know,.

I replaced several burned out wired lamps in an 8552A with socketed
lamps from Mouser that had the same specs. I just soldered wires to
the bases.

Brian