Old August 18th 03, 08:38 PM
George

Default Kenwood TS-520S Blows Fuse

I have a Kenwood TS-520S that keeps blowing the 6 Amp line fuse in it.
My Bias control is set for 60ma idle current,
HV is right at 800V
SWR under 1.3:1
It tunes up fine and will run a QSO for about 30 Seconds (CW) then
POOF the fuse blows.
Blows the fuse when operating phone also.

One thing I did find is that the running plate current is a little
high, seems to be about 270-280ma when transmitting, but I can't find
a way to get it lower... adjusting the carrier all the way down has no
effect. rig is putting out 100W on 20 meters

any tips greatly appreciated

Tnx & 73
Old August 19th 03, 01:11 AM
Clif Holland

The plate voltage is low which tells me one of the main filter caps is
leaking. It will short and blow the fuse.

--
Clif Holland, KA5IPF
AVVid

"George" wrote in message
om...
I have a Kenwood TS-520S that keeps blowing the 6 Amp line fuse in it.
My Bias control is set for 60ma idle current,
HV is right at 800V
SWR under 1.3:1
It tunes up fine and will run a QSO for about 30 Seconds (CW) then
POOF the fuse blows.
Blows the fuse when operating phone also.

One thing I did find is that the running plate current is a little
high, seems to be about 270-280ma when transmitting, but I can't find
a way to get it lower... adjusting the carrier all the way down has no
effect. rig is putting out 100W on 20 meters

any tips greatly appreciated

Tnx & 73

Kenwood KAT-1 auto ATU - help? harrogate2 Antenna 0 November 26th 04 08:17 PM
Kenwood TS 480 online? g3zhi Antenna 0 June 22nd 04 07:17 AM
Kenwood TM-741A Carl Domanico Antenna 1 December 18th 03 01:30 AM
new: kenwood reset, and connector info! Peter Völpel Antenna 0 July 13th 03 12:49 AM