Old August 24th 03, 07:23 PM
Bill Golden

Default FS: Ten Tec SP-325 Communications Receiver

For Sale:

TEN-TEC SP-325 Military MF/HF Communications Receiver
in excellent condition, complete with manual.

The SP-325 was built by Ten Tec under contract for the U.S. Navy.
Specs a

Microprocessor controlled, frequency coverage is 500 Khz - 29.999 Mhz.
Modes a am,usb,cw,lsb,fsk. 64 memories, dual crystal ovens for high
stability, direct frequency entry, scratch pad memory, memory scan, vfo
scan, memory tune, blue vacuum fluorescent digital frequency display,
3 internal FILTERS ! 500 Hz, 2.8 Khz and 6.0 Khz.
Dimensions a 3.469X12.0X10.5, Weight is 8 lbs,4 oz.,

Excellent condition, complete with manual.

$300.00 includes shipping (Continental U.S. only) via FedEx Ground,
insured. USPS Postal Money Order only, please.

For further info, or for SP-325 .jpg pics, please contact me via e-mail.

Thanks,

-bill
KB3PT

---
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (
http://www.grisoft.com).

Old August 24th 03, 11:05 PM
BOEING377

[...]

This set has been the subject of much debate (mostly due to non support by Ten
Tec e.g. can't buy replacement controller chips, but I've not heard of any of
these chips failing). I have one and I REALLY like it. For HF memory scanning
it cannot be beat. Much better than various ICOMs I have used and better than
the Sony 2010 for this particular useful function. Most HF rcvrs with a scan
function just don't emulate VHF scanners at all, they hang up on static, don't
dwell long enough if voice is detected, scan painfully slowly, etc. The 325
sufferes from none of these faults. It isnt an ultra selective red hot DX rcvr,
but it does the job just fine for HF util monitoring. It is rock solid stable
hears weak signals well and the synthesizer is not especially noisy. They are
pretty scarce and IMHO worth every penny at the selling range which centers
around $300.