Old August 31st 03, 12:52 AM
David Stinson

Default New Groups: What a "Grate" Idea

Well, now someone's starting a "Spy Radio" group, so there goes
another subject I'll never know I was interested in.
With all this fracturing and splintering of the "mil radio"
community, I may as well get in there, too!

I'm creating a "Boatanchor Screws" group on Ya-poot.
When's the last time you saw a post on screws?
That must mean that the existing community doesn't care
about screws! I just know if I posted anything here where
everybody could read it, nobody would say a thing since
nobody here cares. But if I isolate myself off in a cyber-closet
with me and the six other people interested in boatanchor
screws, we're sure to get much more interest going, by golly!
All those other "screwers" will just magically appear
out of thin air.
I'm certain to get lots of help and find lots of new screws
off in some dark corner with a few dozen others,
all posting the same stuff over and over.
Why, look at the "MR** Digest" success. I'll bet they've
had a dozen post in the last four MONTHS. That's the ticket!
Or one of the WS "groups." Man, they have over 100 members!
Nice for them. Too bad for the THOUSANDS of the rest of us, huh?
Too bad I don't know a thing about that WS of theirs,
since I DON'T SEE any of the posts. Too bad about the
new guys that take up stamp collecting because they didn't
know there was anyone else out there.

And heavens!- if we all stay in a *community*
where we can read each others posts,
we might find out something *new*... Wouldn't that be terrible??

So be sure to subscribe to the 1,238th "mil radio" splinter group,
so you can be isolated and forgotten, too!

(grumble grumble.......)

Google Groups W5DXP Antenna 2 December 31st 04 11:40 PM
Fox Tango International, Yaesu Users Groups w4clm Antenna 1 December 24th 04 11:48 AM
Half square idea Jim Leder Antenna 1 September 10th 03 06:34 PM
30 meter add-on for HF2-V idea Terry Ashland Antenna 1 July 25th 03 05:16 AM