Old September 1st 03, 04:33 AM
TchrMe

Default Schematic Needed for ARC5 rcvr

Update on last post. I finally downloaded a schematic online, but would still
like some help on enabling the RF Gain and BFO. 73 Mike KF6KXG
Old September 1st 03, 08:38 AM
David Stinson

Can you give us some idea of the condition of the radio?
Many have been hacked and modified, so it is very difficult
to say exactly what you need. A "stock" ARC-5 needs no modification
whatever to work fine, but we need to know what has already been
done to yours.
Is there any way you could send photos of both the front of the radio
and the back, showing the power connector?
73 Dave S.

Yesterday at the TRW swap meet I bought a ARC 5 receiver ...

Old September 1st 03, 09:45 PM
TchrMe

Lionel,
Thank you for your reference to the web site. I found some new information
and control schematics I did not have. After a little more scrutiny last night
with a copy of the service manual I downloaded, I see that my unit has the CW
osc module removed as well as the L1 output xfmr module. In their places is a
replacement audio xfmr with 4 ohms out (it drives a spkr to good vol) and
replacement filter caps. The all outlets on the back have been removed when the
AC pwr supply was added. It consists of a pretty meaty pwr xfmr and a large
choke.
Because the CW osc module is gone, I have decided to use the rcvr on AM only.
What I have is working well except for some static after it has been on for
over an hr. even with the vol turned down. Both the 12SR7 and 12SF7 tube are
weak and I will replace them soon. I guess the static is from a noisy resistor
or cap in the audio out section after the vol. control. Any thoughts? 73 Mike
KF6KXG