Old September 8th 03, 08:31 AM
Ed Price

Default Need Manual for HP8660A signal generator

"Paul Erickson" wrote in message
Anyone know where I can get ahold of the operations
and service manual for the HP8660a ?

cheers, Paul - VA7NT - email:

TM 11-6625-2837-14&P is for the HP-8660B, and is available from the US Army
site at:

https://www.logsa.army.mil/etms/find_etm.cfm

Caution, it's a 67MB Adobe pdf file! Yes, 67MB. And then the 86601 and 86602
plug-in manuals are another 35MB & 4 MB. A broadband connection is a must!

Ed
WB6WSN

Old September 17th 03, 07:11 AM
Paul Erickson

Leigh W3NLB writes:
Excellent thanks very much for the info.

Any idea where I can get a clearer copy of the power supply
schematic? The one on the link below is a bit fuzzy and some
of the components are hard to identify.

cheers, Paul - VA7NT

The A, B and C versions are the same except for the control unit,
which is a plug-in module. On the A version, this was just a set of
switches to set the frequency. The B and C versions had a keypad to
set the frequency, an LED display, and several other controls which
provided frequency sweep capability.

The B was only in production for a year, replaced by the C due to
terrible reliability problems.

The power supplies in all but the latest units were the same. Later
ones substituted some parts, had different rectifiers, and one filter
cap was changed.

73 de Leigh W3NLB

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 05:19:15 +0000 (UTC), (Paul Erickson)
wrote:

"Ed Price" writes:
"Paul Erickson" wrote in message
Anyone know where I can get ahold of the operations
and service manual for the HP8660a ?

cheers, Paul - VA7NT - email:

TM 11-6625-2837-14&P is for the HP-8660B, and is available from the US Army
site at:

https://www.logsa.army.mil/etms/find_etm.cfm

Caution, it's a 67MB Adobe pdf file! Yes, 67MB. And then the 86601 and 86602
plug-in manuals are another 35MB & 4 MB. A broadband connection is a must!

Ed
WB6WSN

Thanks Ed, Any idea if the power supplies for the 8660a and the 8660b
are the same?

cheers, Paul - VA7NT
`