Old January 30th 04, 01:44 AM
J.C. Jones

Default Just got my ass kicked by parcel service (plus a question)

I ordered a radio a few days ago, and knowing the problems some of
the parcel services have delivering on time and without damage, I
decided to take the day off when the it was due to arrive. Around 2
PM today, I heard a noise at the front gate and when I went to
investigate, I saw my package flying over the fence and landing in the
front yard. I couldn't see the driver, but boy was I ticked. This
was a $1500.00 Icom R8500 and this guy had just treated it like a
bale of hay. I screamed at the top of my lungs "You blithering idiot,
if you damaged my radio, I'm gonna kick your ass out the top of your
head and then call your boss and get your lazy butt fired"!

As I was bent over checking the condition of the package, the driver
apparently came over the fence and booted me right in the ass, causing
me to fall on the package. I managed to stagger to my feet and lunged
at the goon, but he got me in a head lock and proceeded to kick my ass
repeatedly all over the front yard, down the fence row, and back into
the front yard again. This guy was bull-strong, apparently from
throwing heavy packages over fences, and huge..at least 6 feet 7 and
probably 320 pounds. After beating the living daylights out of me for
the better part of 10 minutes, he headed back toward the fence, but
stopped near my package and did about 5 or 6 of those elbow drops on
it, like the pro wrestlers do. Needless to say, the radio was totally
destroyed.

The only good thing to come out of this was that the radio was insured
and I'll be able to get it replaced. Now here's my problem. Should I
use the same company for delivery next time? They did get the radio
to me pretty quickly and it probably would have arrived safely if the
driver hadn't thrown it over the fence. If I sit out on the street
with a real tough and intimidating look on my face when the driver
arrives next time, that should do the trick, don't you think?

J.C. Jones
Old January 30th 04, 02:38 AM
David Casey

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 01:44:58 GMT, J.C. Jones wrote in rec.radio.scanner:

[...]

1. You should have filed a police report.

2. You should have called the company who the driver belonged to and gotten
him fired.

3. You should have told them to give you $100,000 or you would take them to
court.

4. You shouldn't make threats you aren't 100% sure you can carry out.

5. You should make you story a little more believable next time.

Dave
US Army Signal Corps!!
http://www.geocities.com/davidcasey98

Old January 30th 04, 03:24 AM
Jeff

J.C. Jones wrote in message
s.com...

[...]

Jesus Christ,, I hope you filed charges against the goon. If
that were me he wouldnt have to worry about the cops, I would
have my attorney go after the clown with a vengence. Criminal charges,
civil lawsuit, you no doubt have a bad back or neck problems from
this "right"?? by the time my attorney filed a 50,000$ lawsuit against
him and his company, I doubt he would be driving for very long.
Next time use Fed Ex,, never had a problem with them.

Jeff

Old January 30th 04, 04:03 AM
Dr. Anton.T. Squeegee

In article m, J.C.
Jones says...

snip highly improbable yarn

And we're supposed to believe this because...?

--
Dr. Anton Squeegee, Director, Dutch Surrealist Plumbing Institute
(Known to some as Bruce Lane, KC7GR)

Old January 30th 04, 08:52 AM
Paul Keenleyside

J.C. Jones wrote in message
s.com...

If this story is believable and actually happened then you should:

1. Look at the receipt. Take down the Bill of Lading number. There may be
other marks on it that indicate the route
number and possibly the driver name. But the Bill of Lading / Waybill
number can be used to track down exactly
how the item was delivered, as every time a package item changes hands
or vehicles it is recorded internally by the
company.

2. File a complaint against the driver at the delivery company. File for
reimbursement up to the level that was insured.
Don't speak to the cute girl at the front desk. See the Terminal
Manager. If he does nothing, then go to the District
Manager.

3. See a lawyer immediately.

4. Use another carrier. This is unacceptable. The driver should be fired
immediatly. If I had even a minor complaint
about service with a carrier I would not used them next time. I know
because I have been in transportation management.

5. Do not get antognistic next time. The drivers usually after a period of
time rotate their routes, so you may not end up
with "Joe Tough" next time even if you used the same carrier. Do not try
to correct a wrong on your own.

6. Make your story more believeable. If Some courier idiot did that to my
ICOM radio I would have immediatly gone over
to write down his plate number, or at least the truck's fleet or shop
number (usually in larger numerals than a licence plate).
It would be silly to try and get physical with a 350 pound gorilla with
an attitude. Trying out for WWF isn't going to get
you a new career to replace your day job.

Old January 30th 04, 09:03 AM
Matt

That sounds appalling - lodge a rpeort with the police, and while you are at
it, stay out on the porch with the 12 guage shotty - may gain a little more
respect from him next time.

Matt

s.com...

Old January 30th 04, 09:09 AM
Nitespark

J.C. Jones wrote:
d.

The only good thing to come out of this was that the radio was insured
and I'll be able to get it replaced. Now here's my problem. Should I
use the same company for delivery next time? They did get the radio
to me pretty quickly and it probably would have arrived safely if the
driver hadn't thrown it over the fence. If I sit out on the street
with a real tough and intimidating look on my face when the driver
arrives next time, that should do the trick, don't you think?

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 /
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/

Damn!!!! Troll-o-meter is OFF THE SCALE!!!!

Say.......you wouldn't happen to be related to Emelio Goldstein would
you????

--

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only
because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

George Orwell

Old January 30th 04, 08:41 PM
Eric Oyen - N7ZZT

why didn't you file assault charges (the way it sounds, I begin to think
this is a troll, or an embellishment)?

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 01:44:58 +0000, J.C.Jone wrote:

snip

As I was bent over checking the condition of the package, the driver
apparently came over the fence and booted me right in the ass, causing me
to fall on the package. I managed to stagger to my feet and lunged at the
goon, but he got me in a head lock and proceeded to kick my ass repeatedly
all over the front yard, down the fence row, and back into the front yard
again. This guy was bull-strong, apparently from throwing heavy packages
over fences, and huge..at least 6 feet 7 and probably 320 pounds. After
beating the living daylights out of me for the better part of 10 minutes,
he headed back toward the fence, but stopped near my package and did about
5 or 6 of those elbow drops on it, like the pro wrestlers do. Needless to
say, the radio was totally destroyed.

snip

--
the difference between intelligence and stupidity is that intelligence
has its limits.

Old January 30th 04, 09:31 PM
bunny_boy

yawn. I could come up with better bull**** then this I think. atleast make