Old June 4th 04, 02:18 PM
Harry White

Default Q: How do I inject 12VDC to WEFAX preamp?

Friends,
Thx for reading. I am trying to figure out how to inject 12VDC onto
the coax up to my QFH antenna with built-in preamp. I am using the
Hamtronics R137 scanning recvr and there is no accomodation for this
need.
Help?
Thx
Harry
N1QVE

Old June 4th 04, 10:52 PM
mike

or the cheats way.

an inductor & a capacitor.

mike

Old June 5th 04, 03:07 AM
Dr. Anton T. Squeegee

In article ,
says...

Friends,
Thx for reading. I am trying to figure out how to inject 12VDC onto
the coax up to my QFH antenna with built-in preamp. I am using the
Hamtronics R137 scanning recvr and there is no accomodation for this
need.

http://www.advancedreceiver.com/page26.html

They make a marvelous little DC injector that I'm using in my van
to feed DC power to the GPS antenna (it requires more than 5V bias).

They work great, and they're cheap! ($30-$40 or so).

AR makes lots of other nice products too. In fact, I would
consider their web site to be dangerous to one's checkbook.

Keep the peace(es).

kyrrin (a/t) bluefeathertech[d=o=t]calm -- www.bluefeathertech.com
with surreal ports?"
Old June 5th 04, 04:58 AM
Donald K

Dr. Anton T. Squeegee wrote:

AR makes lots of other nice products too. In fact, I would
consider their web site to be dangerous to one's checkbook.

Yup, just lookie here... Broadband preamp...
http://www.advancedreceiver.com/page47.html

Hummm... Put one of those puppies right underneath the D130J... ^_^

-Donald
--
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy
enough people to make it worth the effort." -Herm Albright

Old June 26th 04, 11:48 PM
john wilson

No, no, no. He needs a 12VDC block. Avcom-Ramsey sells them but they
are pricey. DownEast Microwave makes a good one. I have used them for
GOES and INMARSAT reception. You will have the choice of what type of
connectors to have monitored. I prefer the female "N" connectors and use
a "N" to female "F". Grove Enterprises sells the adapters. Your other
connector choice will be the BNC. Do a Google search for Avcom-Ramsey and
try www.downeastmicrowave.com. Buy the 12VDC power supply, 3 amp model is
fine from Radio Shack.

Old June 27th 04, 03:31 AM
Steve Uhrig

On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 18:48:36 -0400, john wilson
wrote:

No, no, no. He needs a 12VDC block.

http://www.hamtv.com/pdf.files/Antmtg.pdf

describes how to inject 12VDC in the shack and strip it off at the
antenna for a preamp. Takes a cap and an inductor at each end.

FWIW.

Steve WA3SWS

Steve Uhrig, SWS Security, Maryland (USA)
Mfrs of electronic surveillance equip
website http://www.swssec.com
tel +1+410-879-4035, fax +1+410-836-1190
"In God we trust, all others we monitor"