Old July 25th 03, 11:32 PM
R274C

Default CORRECTION!!!

Subject: CORRECTION!!!
From: "Dan/W4NTI"
Date: 7/25/2003 5:08 PM Central Daylight Time

"Scott Unit 69" wrote in message

Scott Unit 69 wrote:

That makes no sense at all... What is 'key your elements' ?

Do you mean to set your carrier frequency to the carrier frequencies

of the
interfering BPL signal? If so say so.

"elements" as in the individual di's and dah's the make up each

character.

I've been looking at the .gif from Texas Star, and have already learned
to copy a few characters. The first one I learned is "3". All the calls
here have it. Also "k" and a few more in my call.

dah-di-dah dah-dah-di-dah?

Not K-Q...CQ...

dah-di-dah-di dah-dah-di-dah?

I figured with my musical background, it would be easy. I just don't

like
you guys trying to force feed it to us. It won't look good on your

shoes. :

http://www.texasstar.com/code.gif

First off no one is forcing you to do CW. If you don't want to do it...then
dont. On the other hand many of you non cw types are forcing the rest of us
to lose CW. So who is doing what to whom???

As for the music and CW. Correct. Makes it much easier. Its the rhythm
that does it.

Tap your foot to a 4 x 1 cadence. Then tap your finger on the desk in
sequence with it. Tape it three times and you have a "S" tape it four
times you have a "H" tape it five times you have a "5".

Now do this. Keeping the foot going. Send a "V" di di dit dah.
Keep in cadence. See the rhythm ? great ain't it ?

Dan/W4NTI

Dan,

Ignorance is temporary and can be fixed/repaired.............but, as you have
stated for many years,...............

"you cain't fix stupid"

Les