Old September 23rd 03, 04:43 AM
mike

Default 2300khz radio show?

With my newly and properly grouned transmission line to my 13 meter
test random wire, I can now hear the lower frequencies like never
before.

Whats the religious radio drama on 2300khz at 0330 UTC?

could it be a new pirate or WWCR/WUN?

Should be USACE on that frequency.

mike
Old September 23rd 03, 04:50 AM
Bob Liesenfeld

mike wrote:

With my newly and properly grouned transmission line to my 13 meter
test random wire, I can now hear the lower frequencies like never
before.

Whats the religious radio drama on 2300khz at 0330 UTC?

Sounds like a strange signal for that freq. Could it be a harmonic
(or rx overload) from an AMBC?

Old September 23rd 03, 05:12 AM
J999w

Next time you hear it, check your loudest local AM stations ... maybe overload
from your superduper antenna.

jw
wb9uai

Old September 23rd 03, 07:58 AM
J999w

A passive preselector between your antenna and radio would be better, that way
you're not throwing away 20db for hearing the good stuff.

Now 0645z and 4845.0 MAURITANIA is peaking S9+40 db !! WOW !

jw
wb9uai
milwaukee

Old September 23rd 03, 02:01 PM
Dale Parfitt

Cool, that beats my picking up 50 kw Radio Orbita 3 from Russia or the
African channels (Botswana and Nigeria) booming last night.

Not bad for a sony 7600GR portable eh?

I figured out the image problem. I think it's the voltage limiting
diodes I place yesterday across my antenna input to ground.

mike

That is exactly what it is assuming yor RX uses a 455 kHz IF.
3210 -(2X IF)=2300.
Diodes across an antenna are always a bad idea.

Dale W4OP

Old September 23rd 03, 05:33 PM
Warpcore

take half the HF frequency, and tune to the corresponding am station - it
might be them s.

Old September 24th 03, 02:28 AM
RHF

Mike,

Having some form of Antenna Input Protection is a Good Idea.
- - - Instead of a Single Diode: *--|--@
* = Ground -and- @ = Antenna

# 1. Good - Try a two sets of Double Diodes.
*--|--|--@
*--|--|--@

# 2. Better - Use a Gas Discharge Tube (GDT) for EMF shunting and a
10K Ohm Resister for Static Electricity Bleed-Off to Prevent Static
Electricity Build-Up and Discharge.

*----(o----@
*--\/\/\/--@

# 3. "Best" is an Improvement to #2 would be to replace the 10K Ohm
Resister with a with a 10K Audio Taper Potentiometer.
+ One Leg/End goes to the Antenna.
+ The 'other' Leg/End goes to Ground.
+ Then the Center of the POT goes to the Radio.
+ The Radio's Ground is also connected to the common Ground.
NOTE: The 10K POT now acts as a Bleed Resister and also an External
RF signal Attenuator.

*----(o----@
*--\/\/\/--@
*====^=====@
*====|
*====R

R = Radio

iane ~ RHF
..
..
= = = mike

Sony 7600GR portable

Old September 24th 03, 03:44 AM
Gregg

*cough* NE-2 bulb *cough*

;-)

--
Gregg
*It's probably useful, even if it can't be SPICE'd*