Old October 8th 03, 11:34 AM
N8KDV

Default Antarctica

I've received an email from Ian Julian, ZL1TBM, in Drury, New Zealand
informing me to keep an ear out on 9032 as some early season ICE FLIGHTS
are now operational.

Steve
Holland, MI

Drake R7, R8 and R8B

Old October 9th 03, 02:17 AM
Michael

"ICE FLIGHTS" ???

Is that an aircraft transmitting info from observations made of ice flows in
shipping lanes ??? Or scientific observations ???

Are such transmissions in ssb ???

Thanx in advance.

--
Respectfully,

Michael

Home Page: http://md_dxing.tripod.com/
Northern NJ
R75 w/DSP, Kiwa agc/sync & audio mods
G5RV & 200ft longwire w/ICE-180
MFJ-1048 preselector
SoundBlstr Live PC card w/five piece Cambridge
speakers & full software mixer/eq.

Old October 9th 03, 02:24 AM
N8KDV

Michael wrote:

"ICE FLIGHTS" ???

Is that an aircraft transmitting info from observations made of ice flows in
shipping lanes ??? Or scientific observations ???

Are such transmissions in ssb ???

Yes, they are in SSB. ICE FLIGHTS are in support of activities in the Antarctic.
They shuttle supplies and personnel to and from Antarctica.

Thanx in advance.

Old October 11th 03, 12:59 PM
GeorgeF

CA wrote:
It's very possible that some traffic may be heard on the 261 MHz freqs too !
"N8KDV" wrote in message

Yes, have received them on the MilSats in the past. But one reminder,
most scanners default to AM in that range, you need to switch modes to FM.

George
http://www.MilAirComms.com

Old October 12th 03, 02:04 AM
CA