Old September 20th 04, 03:16 PM
alvin mahler

Default AM car radio help lost reception during hurricane evacuation

I was a recent evacuee from hurricane Ivan. My AM radio in my new
truck (2004 ) lost reception of WWL AM after the first 150 miles.
This was not the case in my old truck (same , different year.) I
am looking for a new current car stereo that has exceptional AM
band reception. Anyone know of any?
A. Mahler Raceland Louisiana
Old September 20th 04, 04:19 PM
Doug Smith W9WI

alvin mahler wrote:
I was a recent evacuee from hurricane Ivan. My AM radio in my new
truck (2004 ) lost reception of WWL AM after the first 150 miles.
This was not the case in my old truck (same , different year.) I
am looking for a new current car stereo that has exceptional AM
band reception. Anyone know of any?
A. Mahler Raceland Louisiana

Does it work better with the engine off?

(seriously. Often the problem isn't a bad radio but a bad noise problem
coming from elsewhere in the vehicle.)
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66

Old September 20th 04, 05:21 PM
David

Get Sirius or XM. They work flawlessly in hurricanes.

Old September 22nd 04, 01:15 AM
James Nipper

He is talking about and asking help for his AM radio !!

--James--

---------------------------------

Old September 22nd 04, 01:37 AM
Brenda Ann Dyer

David said:

Get Sirius or XM. They work flawlessly in hurricanes.

And those satellite services are worthless for local news and information.

Old September 22nd 04, 03:15 PM
David

That's not true. They both have dozens of channels of customized,
localized information and XM even has a special channel for emergency
operations.

AM radio will be dead soon because of IBOC.

Old September 22nd 04, 03:55 PM
Frank Dresser

"David" wrote in message
That's not true. They both have dozens of channels of customized,
localized information and XM even has a special channel for emergency
operations.

AM radio will be dead soon because of IBOC.

How soon?

Frank Dresser