Old September 21st 04, 10:00 PM
Diverd4777

Default Off Topic

- Looks like Shortwave propagation is getting better;

Old September 22nd 04, 02:43 AM
uncle arnie

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 03:00 pm, Diverd4777 posted to
rec.radio.shortwave: %MM

- Looks like Shortwave propagation is getting better;

LOL re 'off topic'. Australia this morning was like a local MW. Looking
forward to tonight.
Old September 22nd 04, 03:09 AM
Diverd4777

In article , uncle arnie

Subject: Off Topic
From: uncle arnie
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 19:43:53 -0600

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 03:00 pm, Diverd4777 posted to
rec.radio.shortwave: %MM

- Looks like Shortwave propagation is getting better;

LOL re 'off topic'. Australia this morning was like a local MW. Looking
forward to tonight.

Yeah, no politics,
BBC on 5.975 quite clear..

at 02:00 . . . . News From The BBC
SNIP .
Hati has declared a state of Emergency
after Flooding from Hurricane Jeanne
SNIP
SNIP
In Sports, Manchester United was victorious over SNIP
After Bloody Riots marred the games
SNIP

Old September 22nd 04, 03:28 AM
Al Patrick

Almost every morning I can get Australia, Canada, or S. Korea. It's the
nearer stations that I have trouble with on certain frequencies around
8:00 AM or so.

===========

Diverd4777 wrote:

In article , uncle arnie

Old September 22nd 04, 04:35 AM
Telamon

In article ,
uncle arnie wrote:

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 03:00 pm, Diverd4777 posted to
rec.radio.shortwave: %MM

- Looks like Shortwave propagation is getting better;

LOL re 'off topic'. Australia this morning was like a local MW. Looking
forward to tonight.

New Zealand on 17675 very strong and so is Australia on 15515 in the
02:00 to 03:30 UTC time frame.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Old September 23rd 04, 03:59 AM
T. Early

"Leonard Martin" wrote in message
In article

om
,

Telamon wrote:

I was informed earlier on radio Australia (17715 around 01:30 UTC)

that
my religious beliefs are "right wing" and that Mel Gibson's "The

passion
of The Christ" is regressive theology. The person being interviewed

was
a self described liberal progressive theologian.

I was further informed that crucifixion is not all that bad to

suffer
and that Christ died for my sins is just more regressive theology.

I'm
confused about who to pray to now.

Looks like religious kooks are not just on American SW stations

anymore.

Or maybe it might make you wonder if you are living in, and

wallowing in
the bucolic ideas of, a backwoods slough of confusion that the rest

of
the 1st world has passed by.

Slough of Confusion--good name for a band.

They would have to be decidedly less pretentious than your post,
however.

Old September 23rd 04, 04:13 AM
Telamon

In article ,
Leonard Martin wrote:

In article

,

Telamon wrote:

In article ,
(Diverd4777) wrote:

In article , uncle arnie

Subject: Off Topic From: uncle arnie
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 19:43:53 -0600

[...]

You must have missed my signature. I live in Ventura California and
wallow in the Pacific ocean on occasion. Can't you get anything right?

I thought my religious views were mainstream instead of "right wing"
before that broadcast. Never thought I would hear a religious view
qualified in a political way.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old September 23rd 04, 05:07 AM
m II

T. Early wrote:

Slough of Confusion--good name for a band.

They would have to be decidedly less pretentious than your post,
however.

'less pretentious'? kinda defeats the purpose, don't it? like 'medium
gargantuan'.....

mike

Old September 23rd 04, 05:40 AM
T.Early

"m II" wrote in message
T. Early wrote:

Slough of Confusion--good name for a band.

They would have to be decidedly less pretentious than your post,
however.

'less pretentious'? kinda defeats the purpose, don't it? like

'medium
gargantuan'.....

I'd disagree; there can be shades of "pretentiousness," but not shades
of gargantuan (except for Godzilla's offspring, who appeared to be
medium gargantuan in "Son of Godzilla" (1967)) On the other hand, Led
Zeppelin was less pretentious than Queen who was less pretentious than
King Crimson.