Old February 27th 04, 04:23 AM
Andy Cogswell

Default FA: Yaesu FT-3000 70w 2m mobile (LESS THAN 12 HRS LEFT!)

For auction is a Yaesu FT-3000 2m mobile radio. This radio transmits on the
2m amateur band and has extended receive on 110-180 / 300-520 / 800-999 MHz
(cell blocked).

I bought this radio for use in my work vehicle, but no longer need it. A
nice feature of this radio is the ability to use memory banks. When I used
this radio, I had all the public safety frequencies in one bank and the 2m
frequencies in another. I was able to set the radio up so that it would scan
only the public safety frequencies when I was working, plus I set it so the
only buttons that would work is on/off, volume/squelch, manual channel
selector. This prevented accidental changing of things such as PL tones,
offset, etc.. and prevented other people using my vehicle from changing any
settings. To access the setup, it was a simple procedure of hitting a few
keys. When I wanted to use a 2m frequency, I just hit a couple buttons and I
had access to the 2m bank. Of course, you don't have to set up the radio
like that if it's being used in your own car or at home, but since I share
my work vehicle with other employees, this was a nice feature for me.

Included with the radio is the handheld DTMF microphone, heavy duty power
cord, mounting bracket, associated mounting hardware, original box, manual
and assorted paperwork. The radio is in good condition and works perfectly.

After 17 reviews, this radio received a 4.5 out of 5 rating on eham.net
http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/609

Please visit http://www.rigpix.com/yaesu/ft3000.htm for complete
specifications on this radio.