Old February 28th 04, 12:40 PM
Bill

Default Icom 2M all mode base rig FS/Swap

Acquired this IC-251a in a transaction, nice radio but after putting it
through the paces, I've decided to concentrate on HF, so away it goes.

Digital display, dual VFO, built in AC supply, nice clean rig with one
scratch on the top from another rig being slid over it, all lettering really
nice, I don't think it's EVER been a smokers' rig, even the little lock
clips on the top cover are tight like a new one! The only other item of
note is that the molex plug for DC use on the back panel is a bit loose,
common thing with these. Presents NO problem, but if it bugs you it's an
easy fix.This really is a decent radio all around. Includes HM10 up/dn/scan
mike, AC and DC cords, CD manual.

Trade for HF (No 10M only), or make offer. Sorry, no PayPal, references
avail. Email replies only.

Old February 28th 04, 12:59 PM
Brenda Ann

"Bill" wrote in message
Acquired this IC-251a in a transaction, nice radio but after putting it
through the paces, I've decided to concentrate on HF, so away it goes.

Digital display, dual VFO, built in AC supply, nice clean rig with one
scratch on the top from another rig being slid over it, all lettering

really
nice, I don't think it's EVER been a smokers' rig, even the little lock
clips on the top cover are tight like a new one! The only other item of
note is that the molex plug for DC use on the back panel is a bit loose,
common thing with these. Presents NO problem, but if it bugs you it's an
easy fix.This really is a decent radio all around. Includes HM10

up/dn/scan
mike, AC and DC cords, CD manual.

Trade for HF (No 10M only), or make offer. Sorry, no PayPal, references
avail. Email replies only.

Nice radio, but why did they put all those features and only 10W? I
wouldn't mind having it, nonetheless, but my only HF rig is in bad shape..

Old February 28th 04, 02:03 PM
Bill

Just the mindset of the era, I guess. Most of the all modes were 10W like
the Kenwood 9000 and the KLM Multi, as well as the earlier IC-211. My guess
is that the SSB users would go to an amplifier anyway, which are all over
the Web pretty reasonably. One of my friends here has an old Lunar FM/SSB
35-40 watter for 35 bucks or thereabouts. I gave some thought to getting it
to use with this rig but 2M repeater work isn't my thing and I don't have
the time or ambition to put up a beam for the SSB work.

Base Closures N8KDV Shortwave 10 January 20th 04 01:39 AM
Icom T2H ANI Mode Michael Ko Equipment 10 October 23rd 03 07:59 PM
Icom T2H ANI Mode Michael Ko Equipment 0 October 9th 03 09:13 PM
"Remote Base" operation with Icom IC-2720H Paul Ryan Equipment 2 September 8th 03 09:49 PM
CCIR Coefficients METHOD 6 REC533 // AUCKLAND --> SEATTLE http://CBC.am/ Shortwave 0 July 16th 03 08:21 AM