Old February 28th 04, 12:51 PM
Fuse19

Default HOW TO MAKE RADIO KNOB'S LOOK LIKE NEW?

how do you get the luster back to the black radio knob's like the one's on
collin's radio's and other thanks del k9fcm
Old February 28th 04, 01:30 PM
Bob Parnass

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 12:51:19 +0000, Fuse19 wrote:

how do you get the luster back to the black radio knob's like the one's on
collin's radio's and other thanks del k9fcm

I have used a small amount of Armor All liquid
(sold in the car wash section of most stores).

Bob Parnass, AJ9S GNU/Linux User http://parnass.com

Old February 28th 04, 04:08 PM
RLucch2098

how do you get the luster back to the black radio knob's like the one's on
collin's radio's and other thanks del k9fcm

You may have to clean them first.
I use a Plexi-glass cleaner first, then I use a liquid wax & buff'em up.
If you want to use an Armor-all type product, buy one that is ALL chemical not
90% water like armor-all.
GL..
Careful with collins s-line knobs. I think they have a clear coating on them &
too harsh a cleaner will "jazz" this up.
GL..
Thanks es 73...........RICH-WA2RQY
Cheep Manuals for sale @
http://www.myradioroom.com/manualsales.html
Web-Page URL
HTTP://members.aol.com/rlucch2098/index.html

Old February 28th 04, 04:29 PM
ac5tx

Use WD-40

Old March 4th 04, 04:31 PM
bw

I've had great results with Armor All Original Protectant.

Make sure the knobs are clean. I use a soft toothbrush and a general
purpose cleaner like 409 or fantastik. Isopropyl alcohol works for very
dirty knobs. After the knobs are dry, I spray them with the Armor All and
let them set for a minute or two. Dry them off with a paper towel and they
look like new.

203 English-language HF Broadcasts audible in NE US (27-NOV-04) Albert P. Belle Isle Shortwave 1 December 1st 04 05:09 AM
shortwv John Lauritsen Shortwave 0 November 28th 04 07:19 PM
Amateur Radio Newsline™ Report 1402 ­ June 25, 2004 Radionews CB 0 June 25th 04 07:31 PM
Amateur Radio Newsline™ Report 1379 – January 16, 2004 Radionews CB 0 January 18th 04 09:36 PM
Amateur Radio Newsline™ Report 1379 – January 16, 2004 Radionews Policy 0 January 18th 04 09:35 PM