Old February 28th 04, 07:35 PM
Radioman

Default FA: Drake R8B Shortwave Radio Receiver plus VHF

Drake R8B communications receiver in mint condition. Hardly used. Has VHF
converter installed to receive 35 to 55 MHz and 108 to 174 MHz. Includes
serial cable, manual and packed in original box and packing material.
Outstanding selectable filters with synchronus detection. Considered one of
the best BCB AM radios on the market! !

Please see the link below:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ESSE%3AIT&rd=1

Old March 1st 04, 10:57 AM
N8KDV

Radioman wrote:

Drake R8B communications receiver in mint condition. Hardly used. Has VHF
converter installed to receive 35 to 55 MHz and 108 to 174 MHz. Includes
serial cable, manual and packed in original box and packing material.
Outstanding selectable filters with synchronus detection. Considered one of
the best BCB AM radios on the market! !

Please see the link below:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ESSE%3AIT&rd=1

Nice radio, but note that it is local pickup only... (no shipping).

Old March 2nd 04, 03:21 AM
Brian Denley

N8KDV wrote:
Radioman wrote:

Drake R8B communications receiver in mint condition. Hardly used.
Has VHF converter installed to receive 35 to 55 MHz and 108 to 174
MHz. Includes serial cable, manual and packed in original box and
packing material. Outstanding selectable filters with synchronus
detection. Considered one of the best BCB AM radios on the market! !

Please see the link below:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ESSE%3AIT&rd=1

Nice radio, but note that it is local pickup only... (no shipping).

The dissapointing thing here is that I was in Powhaten VA last week for the
first time ever (I live near Boston). Too late now!

--
Brian Denley

Old March 2nd 04, 03:40 AM
Michael Moore

N8KDV wrote:

Radioman wrote:

Drake R8B communications receiver in mint condition. Hardly used. Has
VHF
converter installed to receive 35 to 55 MHz and 108 to 174 MHz. Includes
serial cable, manual and packed in original box and packing material.
Outstanding selectable filters with synchronus detection. Considered
one of
the best BCB AM radios on the market! !

Please see the link below:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ESSE%3AIT&rd=1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3081525534&category=15 051&sspagename=STRK%3AMESSE%3AIT&rd=1

Nice radio, but note that it is local pickup only... (no shipping).

Looks like it's in mint condition too!

I did note that the knobs appear to be shiny (glossy?). Is
this normal?

--
M2

Old March 2nd 04, 04:18 AM
Brian Denley

No that's not a real Drake knob. It looks very much like Mike Maghakian's
very nice all-metal replacement R8/R8A/R8B knob. In fact, I'm almost sure
it is as I have one.

--
Brian Denley

news

Old March 2nd 04, 04:42 AM
Radioman

There was an error in the orginal listing. I will ship within USA and
Canada. The knob is Mike Maghakian. I used Turbo Lister and it must have
gone awry. Thanks for pointing this out. I will probably relist the
auction.

Don

Old March 2nd 04, 05:07 AM
Radioman

The item has been relisted at the link below. Thanks again for pointing out
the error in the auction. Apologies to those who bid on the original
auction.

Old March 2nd 04, 01:18 PM
KB1KIL Rick

N8KDV wrote:
Radioman wrote:

Drake R8B communications receiver in mint condition. Hardly used.
Has VHF converter installed to receive 35 to 55 MHz and 108 to 174
MHz. Includes serial cable, manual and packed in original box and
packing material. Outstanding selectable filters with synchronus
detection. Considered one of the best BCB AM radios on the market! !

Please see the link below:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ESSE%3AIT&rd=1

Nice radio, but note that it is local pickup only... (no shipping).

The dissapointing thing here is that I was in Powhaten VA last week for

the
first time ever (I live near Boston). Too late now!

--
Brian Denley

He never sold it either. Man I really wanted to buy it too but didn't want
to drive that distance to pick it up.