Old March 3rd 04, 04:53 AM
Bob

Default ROCHESTER HAMFEST: FRIDAY VS SATURDAY?

Greetings!

Every year a group of us drive to Rochester for the day and take in
their hamfest. It's closer than Dayton, and if you don't lollygag too
much, you can do it in a single day. It's usually a nice time.

My question for those who attend BOTH Friday & Saturday:

We always go on the Friday, but notice there are usually a quantity of
empty tables / vacant spaces. Does the place fill up even more on the
Saturday, or is it pretty much the same number of vendors Friday?

Thanks!
B.

Old March 3rd 04, 02:35 PM
Richard Cranium

Bob wrote in message . ..
Greetings!

Every year a group of us drive to Rochester for the day and take in
their hamfest. It's closer than Dayton, and if you don't lollygag too
much, you can do it in a single day. It's usually a nice time.

My question for those who attend BOTH Friday & Saturday:

We always go on the Friday, but notice there are usually a quantity of
empty tables / vacant spaces. Does the place fill up even more on the
Saturday, or is it pretty much the same number of vendors Friday?

Thanks!
B.

Friday isn't bad for bargain hunters, however Saturday is usually the
busiest day with the best crowds. The one year I was there on Sunday
it was a waste of time. YMMV, of course; everything is
weather-related. Last year sucked!
Old March 3rd 04, 06:21 PM
Dave

Is that to say there are usually more vendors&tables on Saturday, or simply
more attendees?
And I agree, last year was not as fantastic as previous years.

Old March 3rd 04, 08:40 PM
Martin Potter

Bob ) writes:

My question for those who attend BOTH Friday & Saturday:

We always go on the Friday, but notice there are usually a quantity of
empty tables / vacant spaces. Does the place fill up even more on the
Saturday, or is it pretty much the same number of vendors Friday?

For many years I have attended both Friday and Saturday, usually arriving
around noon on Friday and leaving by noon on Sunday. Friday is best for
bargains and now that they open before noon I will try to arrive even
earlier. Saturday is definitely the best attended day (sellers and
buyers) although there is a disturbing trend for sellers to pack up
mid-afternoon on Saturday (maybe they have sold evrything?). As mentioned
by another poster, Sunday is pretty poor but there are other bargains to
be had ("Please buy this, I don't want to take it home"). I wish more
sellers would stay for Sunday as I have usually made up my mind what I
want to buy by then HI.

As mentioned, weather can be a big factor. Since starting to attend in
the early '80s I have seen it all (well, all but a tornado!).

See you there!
73,
.... Martin VE3OAT

Old March 4th 04, 06:52 AM
Port

For years many of us sellers have left on Sat afternoon to go to Butler =
PA for the Sunday Hamfest , Breeze Shooters .
Some years this has been a great show with dozens of sellers that were =
at Rochester and lots of buyers from the Pittsburgh area--=20
I missed last year but plan on being at both again this year.
Port

"Martin Potter" wrote in message =
Bob ) writes:
=20
My question for those who attend BOTH Friday & Saturday:
=20
We always go on the Friday, but notice there are usually a quantity =

of=20
empty tables / vacant spaces. Does the place fill up even more on =

the=20
[...]

want to buy by then HI. =20
=20
As mentioned, weather can be a big factor. Since starting to attend =

in
the early '80s I have seen it all (well, all but a tornado!). =20
=20
See you there!
73,=20
... Martin VE3OAT
=20

Bible Voice B04 Mike Terry Shortwave 0 October 13th 04 10:03 PM
VoR A04 English N8KDV Shortwave 0 April 1st 04 12:57 PM
MOTOROLA HAMFEST this Saturday Plantation Florida Chris Boatanchors 0 October 8th 03 09:48 PM
Ithaca NY Hamfest THIS SATURDAY Laurence 'Mike' Hammer Swap 1 July 31st 03 03:28 PM
Ithaca NY Hamfest THIS SATURDAY Laurence 'Mike' Hammer Shortwave 0 July 31st 03 01:00 PM