Old March 5th 04, 05:54 AM
Radioman

Default FA: Radio Shack PRO-2006 400 channel programmable scanner

This is the highly sought-after Pre-Ban PRO-2006 programmable scanner. It
covers frequencies from 25-520 MHz and 760-1300 MHz with no in between
interruptions. The lighted liquid crystal display is bright and clear and
comes from a non-smoker. It receives Wide FM (TV sound, FM broadcast),
Narrow FM (Business, communications, HAM radio) and AM (Aircraft, CB Radio).
It has 400 channels in ten banks, which will work in any band combination.
It has two scanning rates, slow=13 channels/sec and fast=26 channels/sec.
It has a 2 second priority sampling with a 2 second delay time. You can
also lock out channels that you want to skip over. You can do a direct
frequency search, which allows you to scan through every available frequency
to find interesting broadcasts. Sound Squelch keeps the scanner from
stopping on a channel that is only broadcasting a carrier, with no voice or
other sound. A monitor bank allows you to save up to ten additional
channels located during a frequency search. It has a 3" built-in speaker,
tape out jack, external speaker jack, 12-volt dc power jack, 120-volt ac
power cord, external antenna connector, new 9-volt backup battery, and
antenna ATT switch.

This scanner is in excellent condition and comes with the stock antenna,
original box and original owner's manual. Don't pass this one up, they don'
t make 'em like this anymore.

Please see:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ESSE%3AIT&rd=1

Old March 5th 04, 05:48 PM
Jesse

Never anonymous Bud wrote in
:

While still snuggled in a 'spider hole', "Radioman"
scribbled:

This is the highly sought-after Pre-Ban PRO-2006 programmable scanner.

It MAY have been sought after, a few years ago.

There are WAY too many digital cellphones to make that radio valuable
now.

And there is NO such thing as a pre-ban 2006.
The ONLY thing that needs to be done to 'open' those radios
is to cut a single diode.

Time, INCLUDING opening the case, should be less than 1 minute.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...5230&category=
40979&sspagename=STRK%3AMESSE%3AIT&rd=1

Used to be there was a sucker born every minute.
Now, due to eBay, it's several dozen suckers per second.

So ?
Whats your point - Its still a great scanner - Till this day blows most
anything away that blowcat offers - Wide freq range,mil air,highly
modifiable,huge consumer base,parts still readily available,and built to
last.
Its not like full 800 mhz is its only selling point,and here I'll agree
that to imply that it is is rather silly.
Bottom line - A $175 opening bid is highly 'realistic' ,and is right in
line with what they go for on resale.
Old March 6th 04, 08:35 AM
Jesse

Never anonymous Bud wrote in
news
While still snuggled in a 'spider hole', Jesse
scribbled:

Whats your point - Its still a great scanner - Till this day blows
most anything away that blowcat offers -

That's NOT true, there are any number of scanners JUST as good, OR
better.

The 2006 is now a mythological beast.

IF you can convince ME that there is A blowcat scanner to be HAD for UNDER
$200 that I'D be BETTER off with than a 2006,I'LL humbly FLY over and shine
YOUR shoes... Hey .. Why am I randomly capitalizing words ??

To reply by email, remove the XYZ.

This sig censored by the Office of Home and Land Insecurity....

Old March 6th 04, 08:42 AM
Jesse

Darrin wrote in
:

On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 16:48:12 GMT, Jesse wrote:

Never anonymous Bud wrote in
m:

[...]

The 2006 is still a great radio for what it does, but the sucker part
is true. A lot of 2006's are selling in the $250-$350 on eBay. The
people spending this kind of money have no idea what they are buying.
Most think that because the scanner is unblocked, they can listen to
everyone's cell calls. They don't even understand that there is almost
no more analog cell activity, and where there is, you can now only
hear one side of the conversation.

Your probably right about that - But its hard to feel sorry for an
uninformed idiot.
I'd say $250 would be worth it cell or no cell,but anything over that
wouldn't be a wise investment unless you happen to know it was just
listened to by a little old lady on Sundays.
I still got my trusty 2006 - And haven't cruised the cell bands in years so
don't know whats going on there, if anything.
I modified the **** out of it with at least 8-10 mods - Some I don't even
remember what they do anymore.
I don't know if that would be a + or - in an auction.
Alls I can say is it still works.

Old March 6th 04, 04:37 PM
Tom

On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 04:49:57 -0500, Darrin wrote:

On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 07:35:50 GMT, Jesse wrote:

Never anonymous Bud wrote in
news
While still snuggled in a 'spider hole', Jesse
scribbled:

Whats your point - Its still a great scanner - Till this day blows
most anything away that blowcat offers -

That's NOT true, there are any number of scanners JUST as good, OR
better.

The 2006 is now a mythological beast.

IF you can convince ME that there is A blowcat scanner to be HAD for UNDER
$200 that I'D be BETTER off with than a 2006,I'LL humbly FLY over and shine
YOUR shoes... Hey .. Why am I randomly capitalizing words ??

IMO, a BC895XLT. Good coverage. Excellent performance. Basic
TrunkTracking, and CTCSS for $189 new, and about $125 used. You can
also find a BC780XLT for around $225 used, which makes the 2006 really
look like a toy.

I agree. The 895 is probably the best bargain scanner, and it can also
be computer controlled. The 2006 isn't even in the same league as the
780, yet people pay the same price or more for the 2006 because they
think they're getting something special with an "unblocked" receiver.

Old March 6th 04, 06:55 PM
Jesse

Darrin wrote in
:

[...]

Fair enough - I know nothing of their capabilities,so will give you the
benifit of the doubt.
Quick question - Do either or both of them cover mil air ?
If not,they are about as useful to me as a scanner as a hookless fishline.
Trunktracking is a feature that has so far not grabbed my interest - Is it
really that useful ?
CTCSS too - Really,have you actually garnered any use out of knowing what
numbers the little squeals represent ?

Old March 6th 04, 07:29 PM
Lord Floyd

Jesse wrote in
:

IMO, a BC895XLT. Good coverage. Excellent performance. Basic
TrunkTracking, and CTCSS for $189 new, and about $125 used. You can
also find a BC780XLT for around $225 used, which makes the 2006
really look like a toy.

Fair enough - I know nothing of their capabilities,so will give you
the benifit of the doubt.
Quick question - Do either or both of them cover mil air ?

The 780 does, don't know about 895.

Trunktracking is a feature that has so far not grabbed my
interest - Is it really that useful ?

In areas where police, fire and other services have gone to trunked
systems, it's pretty essential, otherwise calls are almost impossible to
follow. Trunked systems change frequencies multiple times during a call.

CTCSS too - Really,have you actually garnered any use out of knowing
what numbers the little squeals represent ?

Yes, one of the state patrol channels in the area where I live has so
much noise that without the ability to filter using CTCSS the frequency
would unscannable.

Being able to use CTCSS tones is also handy for filtering out unwanted
signals in areas where different agencies use the same frequency and you
don't want to listen to one of them.

--
You are a fluke of the Universe
You have no right to be here
Old March 7th 04, 12:49 AM
Bruce Markowitz

Well, I must diagree.
I have
BC-780
Yaesu VR-500
Yaesu VR-120D
BC 200XLT
Sony SC1-PC
SportCat 200
AOR 1000 XLT
And a few others
Pro-2006 still blows them all away for sensitivity and rejection.