Old July 30th 05, 09:55 PM
Andy100

Default AOR AR8000 reset button ?

Is there a quick way to restore factory settings to the AOR AR-8000 handheld
scanner. I got one off e-bay and the previous owner had all the channels
full of frequencies that are 'dead' up here. I can manually delete each one,
or overwrite with my own, but wondered if there was a simple set of
key-strokes which wipes the memory. Similar to the Realistic models where
you hold 2, 9 and switch the unit on.

Cheers
Andrew

Old July 31st 05, 11:46 PM
jamoran

for aor-8000
there is a hard reset an a soft reset
verify you do have frequencies programmed in the scan banks if htere are
no frequencies programmed it may act funky

go to the AOR web and download the PDF manual, the specific reset
instructions can be found there

Old August 1st 05, 05:36 AM
Andy100

Can someone not just post what the reset procedure is. I had already looked
at that manual, but couldn't find them,

Thanks
Andy

Old August 1st 05, 04:57 PM
Me

I just looked in my 8000 manual and all I can find is the soft reset.
It doesn't seem to clear the memories. Hold down the clear key while
turning the radio on.

Can't find the 'hard' reset anywhere so far.

Ben

Old August 1st 05, 07:49 PM
Andy100

Thanks Ben, yeah i had the same problem too. I know of the soft reset, but
it doesn't wipe the memories back to factory settings. Think i might just
clear them all manually. You'd have thought AOR would include this feature
though !

Cheers
Andy

Old August 2nd 05, 07:10 PM
Me

When I first read your post I thought it was something like holding
the func button on the side and turning it on. Then I looked at the
manual and no luck. Don't wanna try it on mine...

I have an old program that loads/reads channels that may be able to
clear all channels but I'm not sure. You may want to look for the old
AR8000 software.

Ben

On Mon, 1 Aug 2005 19:49:53 +0100, "Andy100" wrote:

Thanks Ben, yeah i had the same problem too. I know of the soft reset, but
it doesn't wipe the memories back to factory settings. Think i might just
clear them all manually. You'd have thought AOR would include this feature
though !

Cheers
Andy

.. .