Old August 3rd 05, 03:33 AM
KØHB

Default The Chosen

The Wise Ones live in the depths of the D, E, and F-Layers, and in the usenet
servers at Google.com. They are the descendants of the Gods. I personally
subscribe to the theory they are the children of Thor Heyerdahl, the Viking god
of Thunder and Balsawood Raft Dxpeditions. But that's another story.

The Wise Ones control everything that happens on the air and on usenet, but they
can't police every pileup or every newsgroup by
themselves, so every morning, just before daylight over Katmandu, the Wise Ones
select the "Mostest Intellegentest DXer" in their layer and convey upon him the
title INFLICTOR OF HIGHER MORAL HARANGUES. This title and its duties last until
the following dawn on Bouvet, if someone is there to observe the sunrise.
Otherwise your duties end when K2ASP gets tired of your crap and sends his
lawyers with a gag order.

If you are ever chosen you will know because a representative of the Wise Ones
will anoint your temples with oil from a forty-two year old bottle of Dr. Guano,
collected on Ocean Island by VR1L in 1963. For that day you will be known as The
Chosen. Your duties will be to seek out those that don't do things the way you
do them (in other words, the right way.) When you find them, it will be your
duty to correct them.

Think about it...too wide, too weak, too slow, too fast, what's your call
dammit, wrong VFO, rotten fist, poor pileup control, wrong band, wrong QSL
route, you timed out the repeater, wrong lingo, not enough green stamps, you're
in the DX window, no-coders not allowed, coders suck, .... They're all yours.

When you find these wayward ones, you will lumber onto their frequency, stand up
in your operating chair and shout, I AM SMARTER THAN YOU, SHUT UP AND LISTEN.
You will now have the wayward one's undivided attention. He will think about
this very briefly, then yield to your superior intellect. He will be very
receptive to your thoughts and point of view.

Lecture him and proceed to the next wrong doer.

Now for the sad part of this tale. There are pretenders and charlatans out there
who try to usurp the rightful powers of The Chosen. To you villainous few, I say
beware. The Wise Ones also created BAWA (Baddest Ass Whats Around). No matter
how bad you are, BAWA has the ability to be badder. You will know when you start
your lecture and Bawa yells back, "You're a jerk, but I'm a bigger one. LET'S
ESCALATE".

And you will have no choice.

But soon BAWA will tire of you and sink your little balsa boat. As you slip
under the surface you will yell, "BUT I WAS RIGHT, DAMMIT" and you will once
again prove the ancient mariners axiom -- AN OPEN MOUTH TAKES ON WATER.

dit dit
de Hans, K0HB

Old August 3rd 05, 04:00 AM

K=D8HB wrote:
The Wise Ones live in the depths of the D, E, and F-Layers, and in the us=

enet
servers at Google.com. They are the descendants of the Gods. I personally
subscribe to the theory they are the children of Thor Heyerdahl, the Viki=

ng god
of Thunder and Balsawood Raft Dxpeditions. But that's another story.

Yeah it is because the friggin' thing SANK.

dit dit

10-4. QLF.=20

de Hans, K0HB

w3rv

Old August 3rd 05, 04:11 AM
Topaz305RK

Hans -

Destined to be a classic, I love it. It has been saved and is ready for
future use. I am sure that at some point in the future it will need to be
repeated.

Sam - K7SAM

Old August 3rd 05, 06:05 AM
Hank Oredson

"Topaz305RK" wrote in message

Hans -

Destined to be a classic, I love it. It has been saved and is ready for
future use. I am sure that at some point in the future it will need to be
repeated.

Sam - K7SAM

And repeated ... and repeated ... and when that fails ...
.... haul out the wouf-hong.

--

... Hank

http://home.earthlink.net/~horedson
http://home.earthlink.net/~w0rli

Old August 4th 05, 09:06 AM
Geoffrey S. Mendelson

In article et, KØHB wrote:
The Wise Ones live in the depths of the D, E, and F-Layers, and in the usenet
servers at Google.com. They are the descendants of the Gods. I personally
subscribe to the theory they are the children of Thor Heyerdahl, the Viking god
of Thunder and Balsawood Raft Dxpeditions. But that's another story.

Sorry, the only thing affiliated with radio that lives at Google is BPL.

73,

Geoff.
IL Voice: (077)-424-1667 IL Fax: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838
Want to elimnate amateur (ham) radio? Use Google.
eHam.net supports Google and BPL.

Old August 4th 05, 11:21 PM
Ham op

Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:

In article et, KØHB wrote:

The Wise Ones live in the depths of the D, E, and F-Layers, and in the usenet
servers at Google.com. They are the descendants of the Gods. I personally
subscribe to the theory they are the children of Thor Heyerdahl, the Viking god
of Thunder and Balsawood Raft Dxpeditions. But that's another story.

Sorry, the only thing affiliated with radio that lives at Google is BPL.

73,

Geoff.

BPL !! Even that expression has been usurped. BPL used to mean Brass
Pounders League. It was a CW honor to achieve BPL in handling traffic on
the CW nets.

The Village Idiot Contest: Mike Terry or Al Patrick? Jari Savolainen Shortwave 11 November 26th 04 02:57 AM
Why I chosen Degen over Kaito Corbin Ray Shortwave 8 March 8th 04 11:35 PM
The Chosen Mike Coslo Dx 11 September 18th 03 02:55 AM
The Chosen Brian Policy 1 September 18th 03 02:55 AM
The Chosen Mike Coslo Policy 3 September 13th 03 09:28 AM