Old August 3rd 05, 09:28 PM
Aspen37

Default Bearcat BC396T anyone?

I'm not sure if this discussion has come up yet, so I guess I'll give er a
go.
Has anyone purchased and/or used the 396T yet?
If so, what are your impressions over the 296, APCO25 decoding, rx,
programming, etc.

thnx

Lou

Old August 4th 05, 04:59 AM
Dan Conti

Lou,

Go to the YAHOO Groups group for the 396T. Literally thousands of
postings relative to this new scanner.

As you can see, the newsgroups have become a wasteland. Literally.

All the action is in Yahoo groups, or the various radio forums like
Strong Signals, and Radio Reference.

Pricey, but a great scanner, BTW.

Dan

Old August 4th 05, 01:41 PM
Bill Crocker

Radio Reference is an excellent site for info on the new BCD396T!
http://www.radioreference.com

Bill Crocker

Old August 4th 05, 08:45 PM
Neil Bell

On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 03:59:00 GMT, Dan Conti wrote:

I'm not sure if this discussion has come up yet, so I guess I'll give
er a
go.
Has anyone purchased and/or used the 396T yet?
If so, what are your impressions over the 296, APCO25 decoding, rx,
programming, etc.

Yep and it is a GREAT scanner!

Neil

Old August 5th 05, 04:51 AM
Bill Crocker

About the only negative comments coming from owners are that the markings,
labels, key numbers, etc, are wearing off very prematurely. Uniden is aware
of the problem, and is looking into a solution.

Bill Crocker

Old August 5th 05, 09:49 PM
Aspen37

Thanks for all the info....................
I'm looking to replace my Pro-96 with a real radio (Uniden), and heard
nothing but bad reports in regards to the 296D, so wanted to get a heads up
on the 396T.

thnx

Lou

Old August 6th 05, 03:35 AM
Bill Crocker

You don't consider the PRO-96 a "real radio"? I'd be interested in your
reasons why. I've owned Unidens, and Radio Shack's (GRE) scanners. I
currently own the PRO-96, and the PRO-2096, and find they both work
extremely well, including the digital function while monitoring MPSCS in
Michigan. What problems have you had?

Bill Crocker

"Aspen37" wrote in message
Thanks for all the info....................
I'm looking to replace my Pro-96 with a real radio (Uniden), and heard
nothing but bad reports in regards to the 296D, so wanted to get a heads
up on the 396T.

thnx

Lou

FA: Uniden Bearcat BC 800XLT scanner Neil Tesher Scanner 0 February 15th 05 12:59 AM
Bearcat DX-1000 excellent condition !! mike maghakian Swap 0 May 5th 04 03:04 AM
FS: Bearcat BC-140 Don Scanner 0 November 12th 03 02:16 AM
New Modified Bearcat 3000 will receive/detect everything !! bla Scanner 0 August 19th 03 06:32 AM
Bearcat BC-160 HELP CH Scanner 1 August 8th 03 10:30 PM