Old August 16th 05, 08:12 PM
chaz

Default Software recommendation?

I just picked up a Radio Shack Pro-97. I have read that some scanners can be
hooked to the pc for programming, I assume. What are the advantages and what
would you recommend I purchase? Are there freeware versions? And of course,
what kind of cable will I need.

chaz

Old August 17th 05, 12:20 AM
The Other Guy

"chaz" wrote in
:

I just picked up a Radio Shack Pro-97. I have read that some scanners
can be hooked to the pc for programming, I assume. What are the
advantages and what would you recommend I purchase? Are there freeware
versions? And of course, what kind of cable will I need.

chaz

Well I use the Uniden BC780XLT there is no good freeware software out
there and you need a RS232C M/F 9-Pin cable Do not get one from
Radio**** or from ScannerMaster they want your right arm and your left
nut. It's a NULL Modem cable you can get one at:

http://www.cablesforless.com/index.a...S&Category=431

for $3.99 and the good software is ARC780 at

http://www.butel.nl/

advantages you ask, well with ARC780 you can add any frequ you see on any
web-site in the world with a simple cut and past. So you don't have to
set for hours programing the radio by hand. You can record right to hard
drive anything you hear going on. And the cost of the BC780XLT is
reansonable, i.e. you can pick one up on eBay for about $250.00 I got my
3rd one there for $190.00 a few months ago. The BC780XLT and ARC780 are
an excelent combo.

That Other George

Please send your spam to:

IRC #ScannerRadio_Warez For all your Scanner Controll Warez

UseNET: alt.binaries.radio-scanner For all your Scanner Controll Warez

UseNET: alt.binaries.radio.scanner.warez For all your Scanner Controll
Warez

http://www.scannertesting.com