Old August 17th 05, 05:21 PM
cbonetoo

Default Pro-34 memory retention problem

Can anyone help me out? I have a pro-34 hendheld that works great until i
power the unit off then I lose all my frequencies that I entered. I cannot
locate a service manual for this model. I put new batteries in the unit but
it wont retain any frequencies that i enter. If i leave the power on then
the frequencies are retained. thanks in advance to anyone that can help me
with this problem.

Old September 9th 05, 04:02 AM
nicadflyer

There are two sets of batteries for this scanner. the "memory" batteries
are under the six AA batts and their removable holder. Just lift the cover
and replace them. I can't remember the battery #'s but it should not be
to hard to find them.

Paul

Old September 9th 05, 05:30 AM
Jim Hackett

My PRO-34 doesn't have these "memory" batteries. ONLY the 6 batteries in
the holder...

"nicadflyer" wrote in message
lkaboutelectronicequipment
..com...

Old September 9th 05, 05:05 PM

I think the Pro34 uses a large value, ~0.47F, not uF but "F".
With age these dry out and loss the ability to hold a charge.

I don't rmember where it is located, but I htink it is near the CPU,
"bigish" IC. It will be a farily large but "squaty' cap.

Terry