Old August 19th 05, 06:36 PM
D. Brown

Default PerCon WTF?

I subscribed to Spectrum online last Tues and have not received an ID or
password yet. I've sent them a couple of emails, no reply so far and I even
called their support number, all I get is voice mail. At least they haven't
charged my credit card yet.

Does anyone know what the deal is? I've always heard good things about them,
I'm not too impressed thus far.

Old August 21st 05, 09:36 PM
D. Brown

wrote in message
. ..
On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 13:36:11 -0400, "D. Brown" wrote:

I subscribed to Spectrum online last Tues and have not received an ID or
password yet. I've sent them a couple of emails, no reply so far and I
even
called their support number, all I get is voice mail. At least they
haven't
charged my credit card yet.

Does anyone know what the deal is? I've always heard good things about
them,
I'm not too impressed thus far.

They went down hill after they got their government contract to supply
various
databases to various agencies. Right after they got that the Spectrum CD
was
killed and only the Pro DB remained. Thank fully others have stepped in to
supply a similar product at the same price point for those not needing the
Pro
DB.

Who else offers a freq database?

I already have police call IMO, other than public safety there's not much
else on the CD or in the book that is very interesting.

Old August 24th 05, 03:55 AM
D. Brown

wrote in message
On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 16:36:08 -0400, "D. Brown" wrote:

Who else offers a freq database?

I already have police call IMO, other than public safety there's not much
else on the CD or in the book that is very interesting.

Police Call was good in its day, its day has past written and CD.

For a spectrum like product I suggest you look at:

http://www.fccdata.com

This CD is all license data EXCEPT nexhell, which you don't need any way,
BUT it
does require a little effort to use on the end users part. Either a
version of
Dbase or follow the on CD instructions to create a Percon Spectrum
compatible
version or mslop access file.

Some times this shows up on EBay as well and you can get it at quite a
savings.

Hey thanks,

I finally received an email from PerCon this last Monday (guess they where
on vacation) with User ID and Password. I wouldn't have made a fuss about it
if the printed receipt didn't say "Your User ID and Password will be
e-mailed to you within one business day." That Thurs I sent out an e-mail to
them and didn't hear back so I was wondering if they'd gone out of business.

I was all geeked up to spend the weekend putting it all together and
programming my scanner too.

Anyhow, I will definitely check out the FCC Data CD. I'm really seeing what
I've been missing with the amount of info I'm getting from PerCon. And
$19-$30 is definitely within my budget. I know I could've found much of this
on the FCC site, but getting it into a comprehensive format would've been a
real chore.

One question about the FCC CD, I never had the PerCon CD to install, so is
it possible to create the mslop access file without ever having a owned a
PerCon product?

Thank you for your suggestions.

Old September 8th 05, 03:32 PM
That Other Guy

"D. Brown" wrote in
:

. ..
wrote:

[...]

You can get the complete FCC Licensing Division Master Database from the
folks at http://mysite.verizon.net/moment_1/s...ng/contact.htm
it is a frequency database covering ALL 50 US states plus all US
territories, so everything that has an FCC license is on it.

That Other Guy

Old September 8th 05, 03:37 PM
That Other Guy

wrote in
:

wrote:

Who else offers a freq database?

I already have police call IMO, other than public safety there's not
much else on the CD or in the book that is very interesting.

Police Call was good in its day, its day has past written and CD.

For a spectrum like product I suggest you look at:

http://www.fccdata.com

This CD is all license data EXCEPT nexhell, which you don't need any
way, BUT it does require a little effort to use on the end users part.
Either a version of Dbase or follow the on CD instructions to create a
Percon Spectrum compatible version or mslop access file.

Some times this shows up on EBay as well and you can get it at quite a
savings.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SUMMER-2005-FCC-...ABASE-CD-POLIC
E_W0QQitemZ5800514524QQcategoryZ296QQssPageNameZWD VWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewIte

----
Support your LOCAL scanner frequency site and groups!
http://www.wpascanner.com http://www.tampascanner.info

wow $30.00 plus $6.00 shipping?? take a left leg and both nuts why don't
you!!
The guys at http://mysite.verizon.net/moment_1/s...ng/contact.htm
only want $15.00 plus shipping $5.00 to anywhere in the USA. And there
database was updated August 1, 2005 When was the last update on this
Summer database??

That Other Guy

Old September 8th 05, 10:27 PM
PowerHouse Communications

You can get the complete FCC Licensing Division Master Database from the
folks at http://XXXX.verizon.net/moment_1/sca...ng/contact.htm
it is a frequency database covering ALL 50 US states plus all US
territories, so everything that has an FCC license is on it.

Way to SPAM for your own website...
Make it sound like a recommendation instead of what it really is... SPAM...

Old September 8th 05, 10:34 PM
PowerHouse Communications

"That Other Guy" wrote in message
wrote in
:
Theres tons of other data on there if it were my full time job to be
able to deal with I could do some things with. Others have done some
great work with scripts or programs like the Grants groups on Yahoo
and the freqofnature site
http://66.116.100.15/grants/

Yup tons of info on that page!! 1 out of date frequ and it would not give
me anything in my county, yup tons of stuff. "NOT"

If you weren't half stupid, you'd grasp the concept that the site is for
searching for RECENT CHANGES ONLY. It's not a complete database...

Considering the data in the search is all NEW data that was published on the
FCC site between 8/9/05 and 8/14/05, I'd guess that it's FAR from being "out
of date," as you claim. I'd actually have to say that it's probably MORE
IN-DATE than your 6 month old Database CD you trying to sell illegal copies
of...

Old September 9th 05, 01:10 AM
That Other Guy

"PowerHouse Communications" wrote in
:

"That Other Guy" wrote in message

wow $30.00 plus $6.00 shipping?? take a left leg and both nuts why
don't you!!
The guys at
http://mysite.verizon.net/moment_1/s...ng/contact.htm only
want $15.00 plus shipping $5.00 to anywhere in the USA. And there
database was updated August 1, 2005 When was the last update on this
Summer database??

Way to SPAM for your own website...
Make it sound like a recommendation instead of what it really is...
SPAM...

Well if you would take your head out of your ass and read his post, i'e'

Who else offers a freq database?

You would know that I was pointing him to the guys at Scannertesting.com
for his answer.. And yes you still look stupid with your dumb ass spam
answers. And yes they still sell the FCC database for $15.00 :-)

That Other Guy