Old August 30th 05, 04:28 AM
Southern Kiwi

Default 400 Mhz Motorola trunking questions

Hi All,

Long time scanner............., trunking virgin.

Using Uniden BC785D without the digital card and am using ARC250pro and
IDtracker software for computer control.

I have done a normal search and logged the repeater frequencies in the
designated trunking band for my area for two days and have come up with 10
frequencies including a couple of "birdie" channels (control?) that seem to
be used.
Sometimes I hear both sides of a conversation, other times just one.

I'm struggling to get these to trunk in my scanner.

I have chosen "Motorola type II uhf" as the system for the bank

I am having difficulty trying to figure out the "base frequency" (lowest
logged?), and the offset. (I know the step is 12.5khz)

I have loaded them into bank 1, and set the band & frequencies as "trunk",
but when I push scan I hear nothing, when I switch over to search there is
activity)

Also, how do I figure out the ID's ? (Id tracker just comes up with the
frequencies)

Any "un-gobbledeegook" advice appreciated.

Also....Any New Zealand scanners lurking here??

--
Cheers
Southern Kiwi

not as old....or mystic......or wise....or high...

Old August 30th 05, 09:14 AM
Legs

Southern Kiwi wrote:
[...]

Ummm - yes
goto :-

http://www.nzscanners.org.nz/
Old August 30th 05, 09:09 PM
Legs

Southern Kiwi wrote:
[...]

You will have difficulty decoding these trunking systems on 400MHz in
New Zealand because the trunking system used is MPT1327. Because this
system is not extensively used in the USA, there has been no commercial
imperative to develop or build scanning receivers capable of decoding
this trunking system. There are a limited number of EDACS systems in
main centres in the 800MHz band but they do not have the same saturation
as the MPT1327 trunking system which is marketed by the radio telephone
outlet of our favourite telephone company.

Old August 31st 05, 06:30 PM
kevcat

Melv wrote:

Good news, there is software available ftrunk and trunksniffer are the best.
Melv

the thing with this software is you need two scanners to track the
conversations
one to listen on the control channel and the other(computer
controllable) to track

but yes they are both good programs

Kev