Old September 6th 05, 03:42 AM
Jesse

Default My scanner don't work no more

Why ?
Old September 6th 05, 03:51 AM
Al Klein

On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 02:42:13 GMT, Jesse said in
rec.radio.scanner:

Why ?

What did you do?
Old September 6th 05, 06:50 AM
Southern Kiwi

Jesse wrote:
Why ?

.................because you turned it off?

--
Cheers
Southern Kiwi

Word of wisdom from high in the mountains....you know...like a
Guru...but not as old....or mystic......or wise....or high...

Old September 6th 05, 08:36 AM
Lumpy

Jesse wrote:
Why ?

Operating in buildings or neighborhoods with
extremely high impedances will gradually cause
the flux capacitor to increase in predominance.
A predominant flux capacitor loses it's gratuity
and can quickly cause the IM overput to granularize.
If you catch it early enough it can be repaired
by illumination solder applied to the reductor
contacts. But if it's gone on too long the
radio will no longer receive it's intended
frequencies. You can still use it as an
"Ocean Wave Sound" generator. Turn the
squelch all the way off and vary the
volume control to your liking. A Yagoplane
antenna will probably allow you to get the
best ocean effect.

Lump n0eq

Old September 6th 05, 01:41 PM
Wayne Howell

Lumpy wrote:

Operating in buildings or neighborhoods with
extremely high impedances will gradually cause
the flux capacitor to increase in predominance.
A predominant flux capacitor loses it's gratuity
and can quickly cause the IM overput to granularize.
If you catch it early enough it can be repaired
by illumination solder applied to the reductor
contacts. But if it's gone on too long the
radio will no longer receive it's intended
frequencies. You can still use it as an
"Ocean Wave Sound" generator. Turn the
squelch all the way off and vary the
volume control to your liking. A Yagoplane
antenna will probably allow you to get the
best ocean effect.

Lump n0eq

Thank, Lumpy! You confirmed exactly what I had suspected had happened
to mine several weeks ago. Unfortunately, Radio Shack advised me that
this particular problem wasn't covered under their warranty....after
they finished looking strangely at me as I explained it to them.

I attached a reciprocating cam arm to the volume control so that the
sound changes rhythmically changes, thus greatly maximizing the wave
sound effect. But now I find that I wake up periodically.....?
I haven't figured that out yet.

Old September 7th 05, 06:11 AM
Ken

Wayne Howell wrote:

[...]

What time are you waking up?
Is it the same time, everytime?
Old September 7th 05, 01:22 PM
HotShot

I'd say, keep it in the position that it looks like to you. I could
only assume that it's the "OFF" position.

Don't worry though, you don't need to know what your neighbour's are
talking about on there cordless phones. It would only upset you and
your family.

By the way, from what my friends say, if I only program in the frequency
26.000 mhz in all my channels, that having a smart radio, it'll already
know what I want to listen to, so it should be smart enough to pick them
up on 26.000 mhz. The way I see it, I don't need any more than 10
channels. I should have a few spare ones at that. What would u suggest
I put into those. Because the radio is so smart, the instruction book
tells me it only has one priority channel because it is so smart, it'll
let me know what's on any channel whenever something might come through.

I tried the frequency of 26.000 mhz but came up with nothing.

Another friend of mine (over in the subsidized part of the village) on
the cb radio portable I have told me that I could use the frequency
31.000 mhz, and it should be just as smart. So, being that I don't know
much about scanners I tried that one too. But the scanner was so smart,
that it outsmarted me, and did the same thing that 26.000 mhz did.

Guess I'll have to by another scanner soon. Which model would u
consider? I may have to get a portable though. I hear I can get much
closer to the signal if I have one of them.

FS: scanner stuff Bart V Scanner 1 October 8th 05 12:47 AM
FA: Radio Shack PRO-2006 400 channel programmable scanner Radioman Scanner 9 March 11th 04 10:58 PM
FS: scanner stuff Bart V Scanner 1 September 22nd 03 05:43 AM
Scanner and FRS Radio RSK Scanner 3 September 17th 03 06:21 AM
Taking Back the Group - Scanner Listener Helps Bust the Bad Guy Taking Back the Group Scanner 0 July 22nd 03 01:29 AM