Old September 13th 05, 03:41 PM
AL

Default Beware BCD396t

Bought brand new, case is wearing.
For 500.00 expect much, much more. Plus audio just plain sucks and always
need adjusting.
My recommendation is Radio Shack.

At least those scanner work, and I have one going on twenty years still
working just fine. Most Uniden stuff doesn't make it past four years, and
usually earlier has multiple problems.

AL

Old September 13th 05, 04:33 PM
PowerHouse Communications

Treat it well, and it will return the favor... No problems with any of my
Uniden Scanners, new or old...

Old September 13th 05, 05:27 PM
AL

It has been treat well.
My portable two-way radios which get used in the fire service and are years
old, look better that this piece of Uniden junk.

My pro-34 looks better than this piece of junk. Uniden is selling junk.
Buyer beware!

AL

Old September 13th 05, 11:43 PM
Al Klein

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 09:41:58 -0500, "AL" said in
rec.radio.scanner:

Bought brand new, case is wearing.

Uniden has a repair for that. Try contacting them.

For 500.00 expect much, much more.

I never expect human beings to be perfect. You *always* get
disappointed if you do. The only person who was perfect either
(depending on your beliefs) never existed, died almost 2,000 years ago
or is still with us. Everyone else - everyone - even you, makes
mistakes.

Plus audio just plain sucks

Mine sounds fine. Maybe you have a defective one and it should be
returned. (Bad speaker? There were a couple of those. Rattling
sound? It needs thicker shims.)

and always need adjusting.

If you're talking about the P25 decode, learn how to set it properly
and you won't have to reset it unless something is changed in the
system itself.

My recommendation is Radio Shack.

Want to sell yours cheap? After all, it does suck, right? Say $100
and I'll pay shipping and insurance? I know a sucky scanner isn't
worth even that much, but I really don't want to see you hurting like
this, being forced to keep a scanner you can't stand owning.
Old September 14th 05, 02:15 PM
AL

"Al Klein" wrote in message
I never expect human beings to be perfect. You *always* get
disappointed if you do. The only person who was perfect either
(depending on your beliefs) never existed, died almost 2,000 years ago
or is still with us. Everyone else - everyone - even you, makes
mistakes.

You're mistake was replying to this post. Pathological, can't leave it
along. You are the definition of an ass, on this group and all the mailing
lists that I see your inane postings just for the sake of postings. Oh and
don't forget to tell how you've done it for years and years. But the 396 is
way beyond your skills.

If you're talking about the P25 decode, learn how to set it properly
and you won't have to reset it unless something is changed in the
system itself.

actually I can set it and have, and have, and have, audio still sucks. Gee I
can even do it manually just like the manual says... Radio Shack does it
automatically, each and every time.
And if you want to buy it, make a real offer, like 475.00

Go crawl back into you superior "I'm a radio tech hole" and sniff some more
ozone and watch the tubes glow while the drool drips down your chin onto
your bib. Obviously you've inhaled to much ozone and its fried your brain.

AL

Old September 14th 05, 11:52 PM
Al Klein

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 08:15:26 -0500, "AL" said in
rec.radio.scanner:

And if you want to buy it, make a real offer, like 475.00

For a piece of crap like the 396? Those things you're walking on
aren't eggshells - they're the screws that are so loose they fell out.

(OT) Beware Mr Bill E Shortwave 2 August 14th 04 07:20 PM
Beware Steveo CB 9 December 10th 03 03:23 AM
BEWARE ! eBay scammer Dan Conti Swap 17 October 28th 03 05:07 AM
buyer beware ebay coal-76 Jerry Swap 3 October 19th 03 06:15 AM