Old September 15th 05, 02:22 AM
Dave

Default Q: AOR Serial Protocol

Hi,

Has anyone ever programmed their PC to communicate with an
AOR receiver?

I just got a protocol guide and want to be able to read the
frequency from my AR8200 using software I am going to write.

Does anyone have or know where to find some sample code to
communicate with an AOR radio from the PC?

In particular, I would like to learn how to read the
frequency from the receiver and I think I need to use the LC
(Frequency & level status) command to do that.

Thanks for any help,
Dave
Old September 18th 05, 10:36 PM

what language are you going to use?

Old September 18th 05, 11:19 PM

Hi Dave,
I've seen your post about your vox recorder. can you give me a hint how
I can check sound in line and find out if it's voice or not? or was
your vox recording based on just level of signal?
is there open source algorithm which I'd be able to use(c,c++ or java)?

thanks.

Old September 19th 05, 01:11 AM
Al Klein

On 18 Sep 2005 15:19:02 -0700, "
said in alt.radio.scanner:

I've seen your post about your vox recorder. can you give me a hint how
I can check sound in line and find out if it's voice or not? or was
your vox recording based on just level of signal?
is there open source algorithm which I'd be able to use(c,c++ or java)?

Voice as opposed to music is fairly simple. Voice as opposed to data
is trivial. Absolute "this is voice" is impossible.
Old September 20th 05, 01:39 AM
Dave

On 18 Sep 2005 15:19:02 -0700, "
wrote:

can you give me a hint how
I can check sound in line and find out if it's voice or not? or was
your vox recording based on just level of signal?

I only know how to use the signal level. But voice squelch
is probably a bandpass filter (for voice frequencies) before
the signal level is measured...I wish I knew.

is there open source algorithm which I'd be able to use(c,c++ or java)?

I don't know. But I did a google and saw some info about it.
You might be able to find somebody who submitted some code
to CodeProject.com or CodeGuru.com maybe.

I can help explain how mine works if you send an email to me
at the same address except the domain is davee.com. I use
c++ for my algorithms.

Dave

Rtty Protocol B.R. Smith Shortwave 5 February 14th 05 01:26 PM
AMTOR-B protocol [email protected] Homebrew 3 January 26th 05 05:58 PM
How I Won the Protocol wars Charles Brabham Digital 12 September 25th 04 09:45 AM
How I Won the Protocol wars Charles Brabham Digital 0 August 24th 04 03:53 PM
The protocol wars [email protected] Digital 7 March 4th 04 10:30 PM