Old September 24th 05, 07:00 PM
crb

Default Is the BC-246T any good?

just saw one in a magazine for the first time. sure looks like it has a
lot of features and is compact.

what are the pro's and con's of this radio? Is there one better?
Old September 24th 05, 11:03 PM
vjc

Just purchaced one, nice radio, works real good, but it is a lot of work to
program. Nothing like anything I've had before it.

Old September 25th 05, 03:37 AM
Al Klein

On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 22:03:26 GMT, "vjc"
said in rec.radio.scanner:

Just purchaced one, nice radio, works real good, but it is a lot of work to
program. Nothing like anything I've had before it.

Once you learn dynamic memory you'll love it. A system only takes as
many memory slots as there are frequencies in that system - no more 10
channels of a bank used and 90 wasted. You CAN have a few dozen LTR
trunked systems in memory at the same time now.
Old September 26th 05, 01:29 AM
Alex Clayton

"crb" wrote in message ...
just saw one in a magazine for the first time. sure looks like it has a
lot of features and is compact.

what are the pro's and con's of this radio? Is there one better?

As long as you do not need Mil Air, they are great. If you are wanting
trunked systems, and have used other scanners, they take some getting used
to. If you program manually you have to kind of "un learn" what you knew.
Took me a couple hours to get mine going when I first got it, but it is
great because of how small it is. I found on mine one of the 800 MHz
antennas did make an improvement listening to the 800 police. Others have
said they did not help.

F.S. More Good Stuff Brian Hill Boatanchors 1 October 31st 08 08:20 PM
Good morning or good evening depending upon your location. I want to ask you the most important question of your life. Your joy or sorrow for all eternity depends upon your answer. The question is: Are you saved? It is not a question of how good [email protected] Antenna 0 April 25th 05 03:43 AM
F.S. More good stuff. Brian Hill Swap 0 February 16th 05 06:22 PM
HAVE YOU HEARD THE GOOD NEWS! [email protected] Antenna 3 January 27th 05 03:39 PM
HAVE YOU HEARD THE GOOD NEWS! [email protected] CB 0 January 26th 05 06:32 PM