Old October 6th 05, 02:24 AM
Bob Parnass

Default Info needed for Regency Touch K-500

On Tue, 04 Oct 2005 18:07:24 -0400, John KB5AG wrote:

.. And, I can't get the backup battery to do anything other than die
in a day, so something's wrong there.

Any help appreciated.

john KB5AG

The K-500 was designed to use four rechargeable
AA NiCd batteries for memory backup. The scanner must remain connected
to a voltage source for several hours to keep the batteries charged.

Inspect the batteries once in a while to make sure they haven't
leaked. Another caveat is that plastic battery holder inside the radio
can crack due to pressure from the spring contacts. Mine cracked.

Bob Parnass, AJ9S GNU/Linux User http://parnass.com

Old October 8th 05, 06:06 AM
John KB5AG

Thanks, Bob. The nicads were missing and the compartment corroded when I
got it. I assumed a 9v battery was the backup, but obviously I was wrong!

John

news

Motorola Info needed L Swap 0 July 22nd 04 05:11 AM
60 meter mod info needed... Richard Heindel Equipment 4 June 27th 04 03:06 PM
PRO 23 INFO NEEDED L. Scanner 0 January 5th 04 05:42 AM
Vee Beam info needed W5DXP Antenna 5 August 6th 03 07:39 AM
Info Needed: Fan Blade Part # for ICOM PS-30 Supply Larry Johnson Swap 0 July 11th 03 07:47 AM