Old October 6th 05, 07:17 AM
Scan Da Bands

Default KRAKULA - LQQK !!!

You familiar with Atlantic Electronics software at all.....this is a
disk from 1995 and it's called SM-1073PC-W ?????????????
Old October 6th 05, 10:30 PM
krackula

would that be for their Trackplot product or their GPS maps /
software ? or ? if their GPS products, then Magellan stuff is
supposed to be a substitute.

I'm not familiar with that SM number , sorry doooooooode.

Old October 8th 05, 07:00 AM
Scan Da Bands

Nah that's quite allright......got it with a bunch of
Optoelectonics/Icom PCR stuff......maybe I'll "fire it up" and let
you know ...later man....

Old October 8th 05, 07:08 PM
Steve Uhrig

wrote:

You familiar with Atlantic Electronics software at all.....this is a
disk from 1995 and it's called SM-1073PC-W ?????????????

Atlantic Electronics is a Silver Spring, Maryland company who makes
primarily signal monitor accessories for receivers for government
agencies. They also make other types of special purpose devices all as
accessories to receivers, as well as line of antenna multicouplers.

The products are designed and sold exclusively by www.cse-assoc.com,
and he generally deals only with government.

The Atlantic Electronic products are superb, often copied.

The software, I believe, is to port the I.F. of the receiver over to a
laptop for an on-screen analysis. The hardware boxes all have CRTs or
LCDs for display.

Regards .... Steve

************************************************** *******************
Steve Uhrig, SWS Security, Maryland (USA)
Mfrs of electronic surveillance equip
website http://www.swssec.com
tel +1+410-879-4035, fax +1+410-836-1190
"In God we trust, all others we monitor"
************************************************** *******************
Old October 8th 05, 07:44 PM
krackula

wrote:

You familiar with Atlantic Electronics software at all.....this is a
disk from 1995 and it's called SM-1073PC-W ?????????????

Atlantic Electronics is a Silver Spring, Maryland company who makes
primarily signal monitor accessories for receivers for government
agencies. They also make other types of special purpose devices all as
accessories to receivers, as well as line of antenna multicouplers.

The products are designed and sold exclusively by www.cse-assoc.com,
and he generally deals only with government.

The Atlantic Electronic products are superb, often copied.

The software, I believe, is to port the I.F. of the receiver over to a
laptop for an on-screen analysis. The hardware boxes all have CRTs or
LCDs for display.

Regards .... Steve

thanks for that info about one of the many companies named Atlantic
Electronics Steve. the only company, by that name, I was familiar
with ( with software ) was the well known one that has nautical
navigation / gps tracking hardware and software. their navigation /
tracking software is widely used , and VERY expensive ! I know
several people that use it myself. http://www.ael.ca/index.php

then there is also the well known Atlantic Electronics
from Palm Beach, Fla ..... but as far as I know , they only have
electronics parts and services and don't sell software products.
http://www.atlantic-electronics.com/ , not sure about that , tho.

of course there are 1000s more companies with that name , but those
two are the only ones I routinely run across.

I'll make a note of those Atlantic Electronics products at CSE .

cheers

Old October 10th 05, 05:27 AM
Scan Da Bands

Yes STEVE and KRAKULA thanks for the info........it seems to be some
sort of spectrum analyzer.........

Here's what was on the readme file (sorry I didn't see that)

Atlantic Electronics Spectrum Monitor Software
Distribution Diskette
Version 1.0, 8 March 1995

This software is intended to run on any machine capable of
running Windows 3.1 or better; a 386 processor or above. High speed
serial ports utilizing 16550 chips are preferred, but to take
advantage of the internal FIFO, Windows 3.11 or Windows for Work
Groups 3.11 must be used. A Windows mappable Serial Port, numbered
from 1 - 4, must be provided to communicate with the SM-1073W Spectrum
Analyzer engine. The PC software utilizes one of the Windows Timers,
so this must be available.

Compression modes are available to reduce the processing
burden on Windows without undue cost to the performance of the
Spectrum Monitor. This is described both in the online Help system in
the PC software and in the SM-1073W Technical Manual.

An extensive On Line Help system in the PC Software documents
its features and how to employ them.

This distribution disk contains all the files necessary to
install and operate the Atlantic Electronics' SM-1073 Windows Spectrum
Monitor Software, which is referred to from here on as the
SM-1073PC-W. This is a distribution disk, rather than an install disk,
which means that a windows aware person needs to take the following
steps to use this software.

1). Create a subdirectory to hold all the data files supplied. Please
see list below.
2). Copy all the files from this disk to that sub directory.
3). Create a Program Group under windows, or add these programs to an
existing Program Group.

The program may now be run. However to actually get meaningful
data from the software, the SM-1073W must be attached to the PC and be
running.

Files:
SM1073W.EXE An executable of the Spectrum Analyzer
software itself.
*.DLL Custom Controls used by the
SM-1073PC-W.
SM1073.HLP The Help File which supports the
above.
ATLANTIC.ICO An Icon for use with these programs.
DDESVR.EXE An executable of the Poke Display Server.
DDESVR.CPP The source of the above, showing the DDEML
commands involved.
README.WRI This file.

The executable file for the SM-1073PC-W uses the DLL's
supplied above as part of the user interface for the SM-1073W. The
DLL's are copyright by their respective owners, Borland International,
and ProtoView Development Corporation. Distributed with permission,
only for this application.

When closing a running SM-1073PC-W session, a file labeled
"SM1073W.INI" will be created in the default directory or path. This
file remembers the parameters used by the SM software from one session
to another.
rom one session to another.